Bluetooth Surface Laptop 3 disconnects and reconnects for no reason

Anonymous
2019-12-05T17:17:32+00:00

Every day, my bluetooth on my Surface Laptop disconnects and reconnects for no reason.  I am using a microsoft designer mouse and keyboard.  This happens multiple times each day.

I have tried all the standard items,

readding the bluetooth device

restarting the computer

ensure the laptop power settings are correct

making sure all updates have been installed

etc.

Anyone having these issues?  Any fix ?

Surface | Surface Laptop | Install and update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-02-06T19:01:30+00:00

    Works fine with this setting.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-02-06T18:25:07+00:00

    I followed this procedure exactly as directed, including restarting the Surface and it immediately disconnected for about 10 seconds when I logged back in. This is definitely an issue with the Surface because it happens with any Bluetooth mouse I use. Currently, though I'm using a Microsoft Modern Mobile Mouse.

    Hi PhillipNaples,

    Thank you for reaching out to Microsoft Community. We are sorry to hear about what you are experiencing on your Surface Laptop.

    Please try these steps then observe if the Microsoft mouse and keyboard still disconnects and reconnects randomly:

                     While the mouse and keyboard is connected/paired, open Device Manager

                     Expand Human Interface Devices

                     Double-click on Bluetooth Low Energy GATT compliant HID device, select Power Management tab above. Uncheck the box for "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" then click OK. If you have multiple Bluetooth Low Energy GATT driver, please do this on all of them.

    Restart Surface

    If this answer your question, we highly encourage you to inform our Community by clicking on Yes or marking my post as an answer. This will help other members who may have the same issue as you. Otherwise, don't hesitate to update us so we can further assist you.

    Kind Regards,

    Marrion Y.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-02-04T13:31:50+00:00

    Done.  I'll report back if it fixes this issue. 

    By the way, I can report however that the battery drains much faster on this 15 inches Surface Laptop 3 with an AMD chip than it does on a Surface Laptop 3 with a 13 inches display Intel based.  We have both and the battery report indicates at least an hour in battery autonomy less on the AMD devices.  I hope a fix is on the way.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-02-04T12:20:27+00:00

    Same problem here.  My first unit was replaced for the exact same reason and the new one I got has the same issue.  There is clearly something wrong with SL3. I am using a Sony noise cancelling headset and a Microsoft mouse and both Bluetooth devise are disconnecting and reconnecting many times per hour. 

    I've been persisting in trying to resolve this issue with Microsoft for over 8 weeks and this is what finally worked for me:

      1. Open Device Manager> Select the arrow next to Bluetooth
      2. Double-click the wireless Bluetooth device and select Properties.
      3. Select Power Management and clear the checkbox for Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. ***Make sure you check ALL the bluetooth device options***
    • Still in the Device Manager, go to Human Interface Devices, open Propertiesof the Bluetooth HID device, and clear the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in the Power management.  ***Again, make sure you check ALL the bluetooth device options!***

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-02-04T12:01:50+00:00

    Same problem here.  My first unit was replaced for the exact same reason and the new one I got has the same issue.  There is clearly something wrong with SL3. I am using a Sony noise cancelling headset and a Microsoft mouse and both Bluetooth devise are disconnecting and reconnecting many times per hour.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments