Bluetooth Surface Laptop 3 disconnects and reconnects for no reason

Anonymous
2019-12-05T17:17:32+00:00

Every day, my bluetooth on my Surface Laptop disconnects and reconnects for no reason.  I am using a microsoft designer mouse and keyboard.  This happens multiple times each day.

I have tried all the standard items,

readding the bluetooth device

restarting the computer

ensure the laptop power settings are correct

making sure all updates have been installed

etc.

Anyone having these issues?  Any fix ?

Surface | Surface Laptop | Install and update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-03-03T02:49:41+00:00

    Every day, my bluetooth on my Surface Laptop disconnects and reconnects for no reason.  I am using a microsoft designer mouse and keyboard.  This happens multiple times each day.

    I have tried all the standard items,

    readding the bluetooth device

    restarting the computer

    ensure the laptop power settings are correct

    making sure all updates have been installed

    etc.

    Anyone having these issues?  Any fix ?

    I have just completed the adjustment as advised and the issue still persists(it has improved), Im using a Surface Key Pad Mouse and a Jabra Headset. All three are cutting in and out on BlueTooth. How long is it till Microsoft addresses these issues. This is an expensive laptop this issue has been around for 3 months

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-03-02T02:51:47+00:00

    I have just completed the adjustment as advised and the issue still persists, Im using a Surface Key Pad Mouse and a Jabra Headset. All three are cutting in and out on BlueTooth. How long is it till Microsoft addresses these issues.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-03-01T19:36:35+00:00

    I have the same issue and it persists even after the fix suggested above. 

    I even got the store to replace my SL3. But no joy so far... 

    On a lighter note - One of the technicians at the store asked me to update all the intel drivers even the ones not certified by MSFT yet and I was like but this one has an AMD chip??? LOL!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-02-08T18:47:00+00:00

    I don't have a listing for Bluetooth Low Energy GATT compliant HID device on Device Manager under HID.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-02-07T03:27:18+00:00

    Works fine with this setting. 

    I'm glad to hear that! Thanks for letting me know. 

    I also agree with your comment that the battery life is much shorter so I'm hoping a fix is on the way also.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments