Bluetooth Surface Laptop 3 disconnects and reconnects for no reason

Anonymous
2019-12-05T17:17:32+00:00

Every day, my bluetooth on my Surface Laptop disconnects and reconnects for no reason.  I am using a microsoft designer mouse and keyboard.  This happens multiple times each day.

I have tried all the standard items,

readding the bluetooth device

restarting the computer

ensure the laptop power settings are correct

making sure all updates have been installed

etc.

Anyone having these issues?  Any fix ?

Surface | Surface Laptop | Install and update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-08-24T15:45:42+00:00

    When you say "turning [the USB Root Hub] off" helps - how do you turn it off?  Do you mean uninstall, or is there some other thing I click??

    Thanks,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-08-24T08:01:55+00:00

    It seems this has solved the problem. Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-08-24T04:52:26+00:00

    Actually, my problem returned as well. I guess I didn't test it long enough.

    However, I found a solution that so far (more than hour) has stopped my mouse from disconnecting.

    Rather than the Qualcomm power management, I used the power management of the parent device. You can find this by clicking on your mouse in the device manager (or whichever bluetooth device gives you problems) - in my case the Surface Mouse - and then go to View --> By Connection. This gave me the following view:

    The USB Root Hub 3.0 has a power management option that seems to apply to the rest of the tree, and turning it off seems to have fixed it.

    Hope it helps!

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-08-21T09:27:32+00:00

    this still didn't solve my problem. i guess i need power management option for The Bluetooth-Qualcom Atheros

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-08-21T04:29:39+00:00

    I was in the exact same boat as all the previous posters, but I think I found the solution.

    In the device manager, "Bluetooth Low Energy GATT compliant HID device" can now be found under the'Human Interface Devices' tab rather than 'Bluetooth'.

    It has the power management option to turn off power saving, and so far my mouse has been running smoothly with no interruptions!

    No idea what they felt the need to change it, but this should fix it for you!

    Edit: Did not work as a permanent fix. The option below did, though!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments