I understand what you are saying but if to me that was a bad move on Microsoft's part. Trying to force people to buy a new unit instead of offering a keyboard only option.
Surface book 2 keyboard replacement
I split lemon tea on my surface book 2 keyboard and then it does not work anymore. I searched Amazon. I can only find keyboard replacement (the clipboard) for surface book 1 1704. It looks fit but I wonder it would work together with my surface book 2. Thank you!
David
Surface | Surface Book | Display and screen
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
41 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2020-07-07T03:48:58+00:00 -
Anonymous
2020-09-08T17:00:09+00:00 Fully Agree!!! Forcing people to buy a new unit in lieu of a keyboard replacement (which was possible for the Surface Book 1) is quite frustrating. There are many people that likely could use this option ( We spilled water on our keyboard rather than Lemon Tea!)
-
Anonymous
2020-12-26T17:39:48+00:00 Greed before customer service is the new model for Microsoft, once they have your money this just want more and more. But service is not an option.
-
Anonymous
2020-11-11T16:05:43+00:00 Fully Agree!!! Forcing people to buy a new unit in lieu of a keyboard replacement (which was possible for the Surface Book 1) is quite frustrating. There are many people that likely could use this option ( We spilled water on our keyboard rather than Lemon Tea!)
Same here, nothing wrong with the keyboard but being offered to pay for 1000$ for a replacement ( not sure it is brand new one tho ). My SB2 worked fine then forgot to charge it one night and left it in sleep mode. The day after, it was unable to power on even has been charging for a day.
Feeling very disappointed with the Microsoft support service / product poilicy
-
Anonymous
2020-10-22T04:50:13+00:00 Hello Crest,
I have the same issue but did not spill anything to the keyboard. It just stopped working. Was able to dettached it from the main unit(tips from youtube). I was able to charge the unit and turn it on but stuck on UEFI screen. It seems the only way I can update it and make this work is by updating it through USB. So I need a working keyboard.
How do we obtain a keyboard and can you send the link from Microsoft how to get a replacement of the Surface Book 2 for the entire unit? Please advise