Surface Book 2 audio - Crackling sound in Zoom meetings

Anonymous
2020-04-15T05:20:04+00:00

Hello Microsoft Community, 

I am experiencing exactly same issue as highlighted in this post;

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/forum/all/surface-book-2-microphone-starts-crackling-after/0f27fa1b-3bec-4927-8c5b-303522bad118

When I am in a Zoom meeting with 1 person it appears ok - but when a meeting with multiple attendees (hence higher CPU load) are in progress all of sudden other participants get loud crackling noise when I speak, and it has happened on a regular basis.

I have used both

  • the built in mic array, as well as
  • a separate Logitech USB headset & a Plantronics USB headset

but when the crackling jumbled sound starts to occur, it doesn't matter which mic I am using - and it continues on and off.

I have updated the drivers to the latest packages available, but the issue persists.

I have seen a post talking about unchecking "Enable audio enhancements - Signal enhancements" on Reddit 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Surface/comments/3dgdkw/how_to_fix_audio_cracklingdistortion_on_surface/

but I don't see that option in my Surface Book 2 13" i5 model (with the latest Windows 10 patches)

However I do notice a checkbox with "Enable Hardware Acceleration". If I uncheck the box what would it do?

Regards,

Jihong

Surface | Surface Book | Sound and camera

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-07-19T00:22:07+00:00

    Also i wrote zoom. I think it will be Monday before I get an answer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-07-19T03:46:34+00:00

    It doesn't work

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-07-20T19:59:47+00:00

    i reset the properties per above and will let you know.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-07-20T20:05:21+00:00

    Good luck with that!  I wrote and called several times. I have a paid subscription. they told me on the phone they can't help me because I don't have a paid subscription. go figure. via email every two weeks i'd receive a message that they are too overwhelmed and would get back to me...let me know if you do better.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-07-20T20:17:47+00:00

    I will let you know.  I am in the "queue' for what it is worth.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments