It seems from the thread that it's not just a SB2 issue. Its happening with a dell and also a Mac???
Surface Book 2 audio - Crackling sound in Zoom meetings
Hello Microsoft Community,
I am experiencing exactly same issue as highlighted in this post;
When I am in a Zoom meeting with 1 person it appears ok - but when a meeting with multiple attendees (hence higher CPU load) are in progress all of sudden other participants get loud crackling noise when I speak, and it has happened on a regular basis.
I have used both
- the built in mic array, as well as
- a separate Logitech USB headset & a Plantronics USB headset
but when the crackling jumbled sound starts to occur, it doesn't matter which mic I am using - and it continues on and off.
I have updated the drivers to the latest packages available, but the issue persists.
I have seen a post talking about unchecking "Enable audio enhancements - Signal enhancements" on Reddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/Surface/comments/3dgdkw/how_to_fix_audio_cracklingdistortion_on_surface/
but I don't see that option in my Surface Book 2 13" i5 model (with the latest Windows 10 patches)
However I do notice a checkbox with "Enable Hardware Acceleration". If I uncheck the box what would it do?
Regards,
Jihong
Surface | Surface Book | Sound and camera
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2020-06-07T14:05:08+00:00 -
Anonymous
2020-06-07T12:36:01+00:00 Unpicked noise suppression still cracking sound.
Strange thing is it happens with all mic sources, internal Realtek, 3.5mm wired headphones, USB mic and even BT headset.
-
Anonymous
2020-06-06T01:12:17+00:00 Yes, same. Did all that with no permanent fix. In this thread there was a fix offered a couple of days ago. It had to do with unticking noise suppression. I haven’t tested it yet. It fixed it for another Surface user. Of course i have my doubts but let’s see. And, yes, no problem using other platforms.
-
Anonymous
2020-06-05T15:25:37+00:00 I have now gone as far as a fresh install of Windows on my Surface Book 2, still the same cracking noise in Zoom and a message about low system resources no matter what mic and headset I use, built in wired or BT. No noise problem with SfB or Teams.
-
Anonymous
2020-06-03T20:40:17+00:00 Well, that is one fix I don't think I did try. thank you and let's hope!