Smart Charging option disappeared from Surface app

Anonymous
2024-03-25T06:07:47+00:00

I am using a Surface Laptop Studio (model 12964 i7). My smart charging is working and the battery is recharging to 80% - icon over the battery is there. When I travel I have been going into the Surface app and changing the charge to 100% option that always used to pop up once I went in the app. Recently when going into the app there is no longer the 'smart charging' option so I am unable to change the setting and charge to full. the surface app version is 61.24020.115.0. I have tried reinstalling the surface app but its still not showing up.

Surface | Surface Laptop | Power and battery

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-08-13T16:34:08+00:00

Updated 9/9/2024

Thank you for reporting this issue. We are actively investigating. While we are investigating and if the "Battery & charging" option is missing in the Surface app, please update the Surface app to newest version 74.8150.129.0 or later which is available in the Microsoft Store app. To update the Surface app, open the Microsoft Store app, select Downloads, select Get Updates.

If you still are not able to see the "Battery & charging" option and you are running version 74.8150.129.0 or later, try to reset the Surface app by clicking the Windows Start menu, click Settings. Within Windows Settings, click Apps, click Installed apps and then for the Surface app click "...", select Advanced options, click the Reset button in the Reset section.

Marking as "Answered" to raise visibility while we are investigating.

Was this answer helpful?

6 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-17T13:38:52+00:00

    Hi Wyatt and others,

    If you haven't already done so, please send the app feedback in using the steps on the prior page. If you have already done so, thank you! This really helps the team understand the device details and the problem better.

    Thanks,

    Greg

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-17T15:26:00+00:00

    Sending feedback from inside the app also (sort of) fixed the problem for me, the option started appearing and disappearing randomly after that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-05-20T20:14:23+00:00

    Sending feedback from inside the app also (sort of) fixed the problem for me, the option started appearing and disappearing randomly after that.

    It finally worked - option showed up. I hope this is a one-off and it never disappears again. I stand by all my comments below.

    -------------- ORIGINAL --------------------

    I tried this and the Smart Charging option still doesn't appear. It's so frustrating!

    This option/setting should ALWAYS BE VISIBLE.

    We should always be able to turn it off for X period of time even if it's going to automatically re-enable itself. Considering the battery life on the Surface Pro is so poor we need the option to max out our charge before we take the device somewhere without power.

    Please fix this!

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-05-22T01:04:29+00:00

    Coming back to add that now apparently Smart Charging hasn't turned itself back on? I went to turn it off again and found that it was already off. No idea what's happening at this point.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments