Personally, given what you posted on your vide I'd advise you to contact Microsoft support and get a warranty replacement.
Surface pro 4. Screen shake.
Hi, every one. I have problem with my SP4. Half of the screen shake. I never drop my surface. I install all updates. Maybe some one help me? Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk69BrQXxvg
Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 additional answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2017-10-09T15:03:25+00:00 Thank you Christina! Your information is helpful!
-
Anonymous
2017-10-20T18:37:10+00:00 I have the same issue. I strongly suspect overheating.
The Task Manager didn't do that trick as it does for you. It's been intermittent for me and usually stops when I interact with it as you described. However, today after a lot of video processing over a couple hours, it's shaking into a constant blur and won't stop at all. When I stop the video process for a while (i.e., minimize the app), it will stop. It will stop more quickly if I place my hands on the top/back of it, which feels notably hot, but not burn you hot (i.e., probably 60C, but I don't have a temperature monitor for the CPU, nor do I know that it's CPU temperature necessarily). Touching it will conduct heat away faster than ambient air, so I believe I'm effectively cooling it faster by holding the back of it. I started blowing on the back as well, it would cool and then heat up, stop shaking and then start again, repeat until it finally cooled.
I've repeated this about 4 times consistently by maximizing and minimizing a video application. Not terribly scientific, but I think it's an overheating issue with one of the components. Could be video processor, cpu, memory, or the display itself. I don't know, but I'd bet it's more related to video/gfx processing or the display since I minimized rather than closed the video application. So if the memory and cpu usage remained about the same, and the shaking would start and stop based on video/gfx processing, that provides a pointer.
Anyway, if the "bring it in for repair/replacement" option seems as crummy a response to you as it does to me, then try some form of external cooling.
-
Anonymous
2017-10-20T20:31:10+00:00 wouldn't turning off the wifi make the screen stop shaking? Mine will shake whether wifi is on or off.
-
Anonymous
2017-10-20T21:50:45+00:00 Hello,
So far, I have experienced, it does not relate to the heat or wifi.
Probably it may relate to Microsoft updates.