Wow, nice. That's seriously impressive.
That's the SP4, right? Which Samsung NVMe did you pick?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I am experiencing very poor SSD writing performance in my Surface Book. It's i5 dGPU 8GB RAM and 256GB storage model. Installing applications and copying files have been really slow. Windows 10 is updated to the latest. Has anyone having the same?
Disabling BitLocker slightly helped (10~20%) but not very much.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Wow, nice. That's seriously impressive.
That's the SP4, right? Which Samsung NVMe did you pick?
Yes its a sp4 I used the same Samsung OEM version that's used for the surface but this one was pulled out of a new dell system. I just wanted the fanless surface with the large ssd, so I had to find a workaround lol. the drive is very hard to find but heres one on eBay that's still active
Mine is even slower...but its real performance isn't so bad after all.
For most consumers, 100MB/s sequential writes are no issue. But, I'm not paying that much for a TLC SSD in 2016, lol.
Thankfully, CES 2016 is here. The Thinkpad X1 Yoga looks like a fantastic replacement for the Surface Book: 14" OLED screen, Wacom pen, the fastest consumer SSDs (the old X1 Carbon used the Samsung SM951), no finicky power-draining dGPU, 3 USB ports, Windows Hello fingerprint reader, half a pound lighter, no detach/reattach to use it as a full-power tablet, and Intel's newest 2015 wireless chips (instead of the 2012 Marvell chips that coincidentally are also used in the Xbox One....ewwww).