Extremely slow SSD in Surface Book

Anonymous
2015-10-27T23:45:14+00:00

I am experiencing very poor SSD writing performance in my Surface Book. It's i5 dGPU 8GB RAM and 256GB storage model. Installing applications and copying files have been really slow. Windows 10 is updated to the latest. Has anyone having the same?

Disabling BitLocker slightly helped (10~20%) but not very much.  

Surface | Surface Book | Performance and maintenance

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-10-29T23:34:40+00:00

    Mine (i5 256GB) Pro 4 is even slower, with sequential writing 88MB/s and 4K at 0.87MB/s. Horrible speed!!!!

    And I also have battery drain, loss screen touch response, camera won't take picture, Input personalization server using more than 30% of CPU all the time. and so on.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-10-29T20:27:49+00:00

    I'm getting similar numbers. What speeds should we expect from the SSD in the Surface Book?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-10-29T20:02:22+00:00

    My Surface Book with Samsung 128GB SSD

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-10-29T01:29:10+00:00

    I have exactly the same problem on i7/512GB SSD /NvidiaGPu Surface Book.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-10-29T01:19:04+00:00

    Well I ran tests from Crystaldisk and HD Tune, and the results from them are reasonable... I'm not sure if the problem is real or just from buggy testing tool. If someone can test his/her test result with AS SSD Benchmark, that would be great

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments