Extremely slow SSD in Surface Book

Anonymous
2015-10-27T23:45:14+00:00

I am experiencing very poor SSD writing performance in my Surface Book. It's i5 dGPU 8GB RAM and 256GB storage model. Installing applications and copying files have been really slow. Windows 10 is updated to the latest. Has anyone having the same?

Disabling BitLocker slightly helped (10~20%) but not very much.  

Surface | Surface Book | Performance and maintenance

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-01-04T19:17:38+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-01-02T08:51:30+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-01-02T08:28:22+00:00

    Yes its a sp4 I used the same Samsung OEM version that's used for the surface but this one was pulled out of a new dell system.  I just wanted the fanless surface with the large ssd, so I had to find a workaround lol.  the drive is  very hard to find but heres one on eBay that's still active

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-PM951-1-TB-1024-GB-M-2-NVMe-PCI-e-Internal-Solid-State-Drive-SSD-/172029825555?hash=item280dc6d213:g:BZUAAOSwcBhWa9YR

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-12-31T19:26:08+00:00

    Wow, nice. That's seriously impressive.

    That's the SP4, right? Which Samsung NVMe did you pick?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments