My Surface Book with Samsung 128GB SSD
Extremely slow SSD in Surface Book
I am experiencing very poor SSD writing performance in my Surface Book. It's i5 dGPU 8GB RAM and 256GB storage model. Installing applications and copying files have been really slow. Windows 10 is updated to the latest. Has anyone having the same?
Disabling BitLocker slightly helped (10~20%) but not very much.
Surface | Surface Book | Performance and maintenance
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2015-10-29T20:02:22+00:00 -
Anonymous
2015-10-29T01:19:04+00:00 Well I ran tests from Crystaldisk and HD Tune, and the results from them are reasonable... I'm not sure if the problem is real or just from buggy testing tool. If someone can test his/her test result with AS SSD Benchmark, that would be great
-
Anonymous
2015-10-29T00:41:56+00:00 Just did a full reset and it doesn't help. It's frustrating.
-
Anonymous
2015-10-28T23:42:53+00:00 Yeah, something is up with that for sure. I'm getting much faster speeds on my i5 Surfacebook. Have you tried a full reset? Perhaps using the encryption caused some issues (usually shown in cases of high read speeds, but low write speeds).
-
Anonymous
2015-10-28T23:41:09+00:00 Looks like this person has the same problem. Should I get a replacement...