My mistake. Fixes it until the next occurrence
Surface Pro X display brightness issue.
I'm having an odd experience with the screen brightness of my SPX. Here's the sequence:
- Turn on the SPX to wake it from sleep. The screen appears to be at about 60% brightness.
- Press F7 (increase brightness). The screen brightness widget appears briefly, showing 100% brightness. The screen brightness doesn't change.
- Open Settings, navigate to System ->Display page. The Display brightness slider is at 100%. (Change brightness automatically is unchecked.)
- Click the Display brightness slider at about the 80% mark. The screen immediately brightens (confirming that it was well below 100%).
- Click the slider at the 100% mark. The screen brightens to 100%.
This sequence is the only way I can get 100% brightness after the SPX has been in sleep mode. Thoughts?
[Note: this is with the SPX connected to power. I haven't tried it on battery. The advanced power settings are standard Balanced. The system is on Windows Insider Fast Track, and is up-to-date.]
Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2020-03-03T23:11:53+00:00 -
Anonymous
2020-03-06T20:14:08+00:00 I have the same issue. Is this fixed?
-
Anonymous
2020-03-06T20:38:12+00:00 I have the same issue. Is this fixed?
Nope. Still waiting. (Even if it is a hardware issue, we know that it could be fixed with a simple bit of software added to the wake-up sequence.)
-
Anonymous
2020-03-25T14:01:02+00:00 You know how the screen turns dim right before it turns off?
I think it never turns bright again after you wake it up again. I tested my theory a little and it seems to be correct.
Just go to settings -> System -> Power & Sleep and change turn screen off to never or something really high. Battery life on the pro x is amazing anyways.
-
Anonymous
2020-04-23T20:25:18+00:00 Cautiously, with fingers crossed, I can report that the latest Insider Fast build (19613) seemsto have fixed at least one of the Surface Pro X screen-dimming issues - the "screen is dimmed on waking even though Settings shows 100% brightness" bug.