Can you try plugging the device behind a self-powered HUB (2.0 or 3.0) and see it works? I'm wondering whether it's drawing excessive current on plug-in (inrush) and leads to enumeration failure?
Thanks,
Eliyas
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I'm having problem using my flash drive on Surface RT.
recently, 95% of the time, when I plug my Extreme USB 3.0 flash drive into Surface RT, I get no response from the system, the indicator on the flash drive does not illuminate, there is no sound (the sound that plays out of speaks when a USB device is connected), and no drive appears in "my computer".
I have contacted Sandisk and the only response I got was "we didn't test it on ARM based system"...
any help?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Can you try plugging the device behind a self-powered HUB (2.0 or 3.0) and see it works? I'm wondering whether it's drawing excessive current on plug-in (inrush) and leads to enumeration failure?
Thanks,
Eliyas
The thing is though, that a driver change for the storage controller, fixes the issue. Microsoft should be looking into making these USB 3.0 devices compatible with the Surface, rather than trying to pass off blame to the device manufacturer. They work with other storage controllers, why not this one?
@Saru2010 - please see a response from Eliyas Yakub \[MSFT\] in this thread for an analysis of the Corsair issue:
According to research its not a device issue, more of an issue with the drivers, as it affects Windows 8 as a whole. If you install older drivers for Windows 7 on 8 it apparently fixes the issue. However this is not an option on the Surface RT, as it enforces driver signing and its not possible to bypass this. And these drivers aren't signed for Windows 8
I have a Acer S7 running windows 8, had no problem with sandisk extreme 3.0... i don't think the problem affects full windows 8 system