Screen is shutting down while using zoom meeting program

Anonymous
2020-03-30T18:20:01+00:00

I bought my surface pro 7 at the end of January and until last week I didnt have any problem,but last week, it shut down suddenly when I left the pc idle. This was the first time. and then the next day its screen started to shut down suddenly and randomly in the middle of the "zoom" meeting. The other peoples voices kept coming but there was no image on the screen. It was dark. This problem still going on and it is very annoying. I tried using "zoom" on the another pc which has win 10, and I didn`t have any problem. Actually this shutting down randomly and suddenly problem must be solved immediately, because the devices are expensive and I paid a lot of money on it and we are more dependent  the computers nowadays than it was due to the extraordinary times we are going through due to the coronavirus situation.Do you have any advises for me to apply on my computer to fix it? Is it a general problem? Is it going to be solved or are we going to give up buying microsoft devices anymore? Please help and inform me as soon as possible.

Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-10-03T22:11:51+00:00

    We are having the same issue since September where my daughter is not able to attend her classes on Zoom. Tried all kind of devices and they either shutdown or restart. I have used around 10 Microsoft devices along with 3 chromebooks, 2 macs, 2 ios devices and 1 andriod device with the same result. She also face the same issue when accessing her classes on google meets. Has anyone found any solution to this problem?

    We have been struggling to make her attend her school online as well as complete he homework. Any help here is much appreciated.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-10-14T20:18:36+00:00

    Dear everyone,

    First of all, I apologize for my lame English. I have experienced the same issue and it literally drove me crazy for hours. I tried everything I found on this post and nothing seemed to work. However, I've been able to identify where the problem was coming from : PowerPoint vs. Zoom in my case. Every time I am annotating on my PPT slides with the Drw tool (and not the annotation tool of Zoom), it crashed yet... only with plain colors. I know, I might sound crazy atm, but I swear, when I am using gold or silver, it works without a hitch... So, eveb if I sound silly, I thought I had to post it here.

    Hopefully, it might help some of my fellows desperate teachers here ;)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-10-25T18:27:35+00:00

    That is happening to me too.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-11-05T14:00:43+00:00

    Have several Surface Pros but this is only happening to one. Looking at the critical error log I am seeing multiple errors for MICROSOFT.ZUNExxxxx modules including video and audio and MICROSOFT.XBOXIDENTITYPROVIDER all showing corrupted.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-11-06T12:31:38+00:00

    Eurhythmic, This is good information but are there steps that users (ex. delete the  culprit programs/functions) or Zoom can take to avoid the crashes? Or is this a Microsoft problem?

    Verified by Tom's Guide today Microsoft is removing the beloved Control Panel; this is mostly how I fixed their clumsy errors:( 

    https://www.tomsguide.com/news/rip-windows-10-control-panel-microsoft-is-killing-the-much-loved-feature

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments