My Windows 10 laptop consistently powers down with no messages after about 40 mins of zoom, just like somebody pulled the plug. For about 30 seconds before the shutdown the sound goes very scratchy and sometimes the image goes jerky - it's almost like its memory is being continuously overwritten and it eventually runs out. Works perfectly on my iPad. Very frustrating.
Screen is shutting down while using zoom meeting program
I bought my surface pro 7 at the end of January and until last week I didnt have any problem,but last week, it shut down suddenly when I left the pc idle. This was the first time. and then the next day its screen started to shut down suddenly and randomly in the middle of the "zoom" meeting. The other peoples voices kept coming but there was no image on the screen. It was dark. This problem still going on and it is very annoying. I tried using "zoom" on the another pc which has win 10, and I didn`t have any
problem. Actually this shutting down randomly and suddenly problem must be solved immediately, because the devices are expensive and I paid a lot of money on it and we are more dependent the computers nowadays than it was due to the extraordinary times we
are going through due to the coronavirus situation.Do you have any advises for me to apply on my computer to fix it? Is it a general problem? Is it going to be solved or are we going to give up buying microsoft devices anymore? Please help and inform me as
soon as possible.
Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2020-06-10T21:17:49+00:00 -
Anonymous
2020-06-24T14:49:56+00:00 I have same issue as currently 126 other people. I have a Surface Pro7, and it is only 6 months old. I have done all of the steps suggested by Marrion_Y, and the Surface still shuts down during Zoom calls. I am running Zoom 5.0 which is the most current version.
I get BSOD ":( Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you.
For more information and possible fixes, visit https://www.windows/stopcode
If you call a support person, give them this info:
Stop code: FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE
Please help, I really would like to get this working again.
Same issue for me. sometimes it happens during a meeting, sometimes right after. Although it mostly happens with Zoom, it did happen once with Microsoft Teams, of course during a visit with my doctor.
I do experience the horrible buzzing noise leading up to this blue screen and message as others have mentioned.
-
Anonymous
2020-07-15T00:37:34+00:00 I don't see an option for Panel self refresh?
-
Anonymous
2020-07-15T04:37:24+00:00 Problem sounds the almost the same on my PC, it seem to shutdown when sharing screen is invovled. Other wise the meeting is fine, Right after the start to share screen pc crashes. Have you notice if it crashes when screen is not sharing vices sharing?
-
Anonymous
2020-07-15T14:17:36+00:00 Screen sharing exacerbates the crashing, but my PC crashes even without that only not as immediately. It may go 5-10 minutes before crashing. Screen sharing is an instant crash.