Screen is shutting down while using zoom meeting program

Anonymous
2020-03-30T18:20:01+00:00

I bought my surface pro 7 at the end of January and until last week I didnt have any problem,but last week, it shut down suddenly when I left the pc idle. This was the first time. and then the next day its screen started to shut down suddenly and randomly in the middle of the "zoom" meeting. The other peoples voices kept coming but there was no image on the screen. It was dark. This problem still going on and it is very annoying. I tried using "zoom" on the another pc which has win 10, and I didn`t have any problem. Actually this shutting down randomly and suddenly problem must be solved immediately, because the devices are expensive and I paid a lot of money on it and we are more dependent  the computers nowadays than it was due to the extraordinary times we are going through due to the coronavirus situation.Do you have any advises for me to apply on my computer to fix it? Is it a general problem? Is it going to be solved or are we going to give up buying microsoft devices anymore? Please help and inform me as soon as possible.

Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-05-16T17:39:16+00:00

    Here is whst I learned from Zoon tech support:

    <br>Patricia James-Boatner (CCC TechConnect)<br><br><br><br>May 15, 2020, 2:14:22 PM PDT<br><br><br>Good Afternoon, <br><br> <br><br>At this time there is no known issue from Zoom concerning low bandwidth. This matter sounds like it is with your network and bandwidth. Are you on a wireless network or wired? <br><br>Zoom meetings can demand significant memory and processing power from your computer. Closing other applications, ones you do not need during the session, will help Zoom run better. <br><br> <br><br>Avoid other activities that will steal bandwidth. <br><br>Don't start other bandwidth-intensive activities just before, or during, a Zoom meeting. On your Zoom device—and as much as possible, on other computers and devices that share your Internet connection—avoid: <br><br>· large downloads <br><br>· large uploads <br><br>· streaming video (e.g. Netflix, Hulu, YouTube) <br><br>· cloud backups (e.g. Carbonite, CrashPlan) <br><br>· cloud file synchronizations (e.g. OneDrive, Dropbox) <br><br>· other high-bandwidth activities <br><br> <br><br>Minimum bandwidth is 600kbps (up/down) and recommended is 1.5 Mbps (up/down). They should check their Internet bandwidth using an online speed test, such as nperf, Speedtest, or Comparitech. <br><br> <br><br>Patricia James-Boatner <br><br>CCC TechConnect Support <br><br>******@ccctechconnect.org

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-05-18T14:13:22+00:00

    My issue is not with bandwidth. I have plenty of broadband bandwidth through Spectrum (direct hardwired connection to modem) and Zoom is the only application I have experienced the crashing issue with. I regularly conduct video chats using Google Hangouts, Facebook Messenger, Skype, Microsoft Teams, etc. and there are no issues. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Zoom numerous times and it still crashes anywhere from 3-15 minutes after launching or joining a meeting. This still happens with all other non-essential programs shut down.

    Here is info on machine:

    HP Compaq 8100 Elite CMT PC

    Processor: Intel Core i7; 870 @ 2.93GHz 3.07GHz

    RAM: 8GB

    System: 64 bit, x64-based processor

    OS: Windows 10 Pro, Version 1909

    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4550

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-05-20T21:46:59+00:00

    I had the same problem with a Surface Pro 7 I purchased in December.  Spent hours on the phone with multiple Microsoft Tech support representatives, and ultimately took a replacement device about three weeks ago.  Now have the same problem on the new Surface Pro 7.  Something VERY wrong here - now have been on the phone multiple times with tech support for this one.  Of all five of the support representatives we've worked with on two separate devices, NOT ONE OF THEM will acknowledge this is an issue.  They just continue to talk about updates and operating systems.  SO FRUSTRATING!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-05-22T16:00:27+00:00

    I have same issue as currently 126 other people. I have a Surface Pro7, and it is only 6 months old.  I have done all of the steps suggested by Marrion_Y, and the Surface still shuts down during Zoom calls.  I am running Zoom 5.0 which is the most current version.  

    I get BSOD ":( Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart.  We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you.  

    For more information and possible fixes, visit https://www.windows/stopcode

    If you call a support person, give them this info:

    Stop code: FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE 

    Please help, I really would like to get this working again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-05-29T19:41:06+00:00

    I also have this same problem. Surface Pro bought a few years ago. Zoom has worked fine up until the last month and now crashes seemingly randomly during zoom calls. Screen says "locking" and then just shuts down.   Audio still continues, and often even continues once restarted afterward (which to me is the weirdest part of all, as if the computer didn't actually shut down).  I have had to resort to asking other people to run my important Zooms so that in case I crash during it I'm not the host! Please fix...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments