Screen is shutting down while using zoom meeting program

Anonymous
2020-03-30T18:20:01+00:00

I bought my surface pro 7 at the end of January and until last week I didnt have any problem,but last week, it shut down suddenly when I left the pc idle. This was the first time. and then the next day its screen started to shut down suddenly and randomly in the middle of the "zoom" meeting. The other peoples voices kept coming but there was no image on the screen. It was dark. This problem still going on and it is very annoying. I tried using "zoom" on the another pc which has win 10, and I didn`t have any problem. Actually this shutting down randomly and suddenly problem must be solved immediately, because the devices are expensive and I paid a lot of money on it and we are more dependent  the computers nowadays than it was due to the extraordinary times we are going through due to the coronavirus situation.Do you have any advises for me to apply on my computer to fix it? Is it a general problem? Is it going to be solved or are we going to give up buying microsoft devices anymore? Please help and inform me as soon as possible.

Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-03-31T03:06:20+00:00

    Hi ozge254,

    Thank you for reaching out to Microsoft Community. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

    Please do these steps first to troubleshoot the issue and observe if the issue still persist:

    1: Run Surface Diagnostic Toolkit and check Windows Update

    2: Update drivers and firmware

                                   Check what is the current OS Build of your Windows version by going to Settings > System > About.

                                   Go to Download driver and firmware for Surface, choose Surface Pro 7 then click Download on the next page.

                                   Choose the .msi file that matches your current OS Build and click Next.

                                   After downloading, run and install the .msi then Restart.

    3: Run System File Checker Tool in Windows 10

    If this answer your question, we highly encourage you to inform our Community by clicking on Yes or marking my post as an answer. This will help other members who may have the same issue as you. Otherwise, don't hesitate to update us so we can further assist you.

    Kind Regards,

    Marrion Y.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-04-02T01:33:16+00:00

    I bought my surface pro 7 at the end of January and until last week I didnt have any problem,but last week, it shut down suddenly when I left the pc idle. This was the first time. and then the next day its screen started to shut down suddenly and randomly in the middle of the "zoom" meeting. The other peoples voices kept coming but there was no image on the screen. It was dark. This problem still going on and it is very annoying. I tried using "zoom" on the another pc which has win 10, and I didn`t have any problem. Actually this shutting down randomly and suddenly problem must be solved immediately, because the devices are expensive and I paid a lot of money on it and we are more dependent  the computers nowadays than it was due to the extraordinary times we are going through due to the coronavirus situation.Do you have any advises for me to apply on my computer to fix it? Is it a general problem? Is it going to be solved or are we going to give up buying microsoft devices anymore? Please help and inform me as soon as possible.

    Hi,

    I have one important problem with my microsoft surface pro 7. Although I installed all updates,when I turn it on, it is sometimes stuck on the microsoft logo screen and the logo starts to slide through the screen. so, it isn`t turned on and I have to force turn down by pressing the power button. After doing so, it turns on but it is very annoying and I am really tired of dealing with the surface pro 7 problems. please tell me something useful to solve this "sliding logo" problem as soon as possible.

    By the way I did what you have said above but First my OS Build number and the number that you have shared with me arent matched. and I skipped this step and then did the last step. it said that the windows repaired the corrupt files. But still I dont know if it works. We will see, I hope.

    Thank you for reaching out to Microsoft Community. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

    "Please do these steps first to troubleshoot the issue and observe if the issue still persist:

    1: Run Surface Diagnostic Toolkit and check Windows Update

    2: Update drivers and firmware

                                   Check what is the current OS Build of your Windows version by going to Settings > System > About.

                                   Go to Download driver and firmware for Surface, choose Surface Pro 7 then click Download on the next page.

                                   Choose the .msi file that matches your current OS Build and click Next.

                                   After downloading, run and install the .msi then Restart.

    3: Run System File Checker Tool in Windows 10

    If this answer your question, we highly encourage you to inform our Community by clicking on Yes or marking my post as an answer. This will help other members who may have the same issue as you. Otherwise, don't hesitate to update us so we can further assist you."

    Kind Regards,

    Marrion Y.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-04-07T21:18:40+00:00

    I have a Microsoft 10 and it has shut down 3 times. Middle of meetings. Totally bad form. What to do???

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Barb Bowman 80,815 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2020-04-08T09:48:12+00:00

    There is a known random shutdown issue. But, there is a temporary work around
    from another customer that seems to resolve the random shutdown issue for many
    others:

    "
    I've fixed it on my SP7 i5/8G/256G by installing the Intel Graphics CommandCenter from the Microsoft Store, opening it, going to System>Power>Panel SelfRefresh and turning it off for both "On Battery" and "Plugged In"."

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-04-17T19:01:08+00:00

    There is a known random shutdown issue. But, there is a temporary work around

    from another customer that seems to resolve the random shutdown issue for many

    others:

    "

    I've fixed it on my SP7 i5/8G/256G by installing the Intel Graphics CommandCenter from the Microsoft Store, opening it, going to System>Power>Panel SelfRefresh and turning it off for both "On Battery" and "Plugged In"."

    This did not work for me. Zoom still causes screen to crash but audio to work. Have to completely shutdown to get working again....any known fix?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments