Screen is shutting down while using zoom meeting program

Anonymous
2020-03-30T18:20:01+00:00

I bought my surface pro 7 at the end of January and until last week I didnt have any problem,but last week, it shut down suddenly when I left the pc idle. This was the first time. and then the next day its screen started to shut down suddenly and randomly in the middle of the "zoom" meeting. The other peoples voices kept coming but there was no image on the screen. It was dark. This problem still going on and it is very annoying. I tried using "zoom" on the another pc which has win 10, and I didn`t have any problem. Actually this shutting down randomly and suddenly problem must be solved immediately, because the devices are expensive and I paid a lot of money on it and we are more dependent  the computers nowadays than it was due to the extraordinary times we are going through due to the coronavirus situation.Do you have any advises for me to apply on my computer to fix it? Is it a general problem? Is it going to be solved or are we going to give up buying microsoft devices anymore? Please help and inform me as soon as possible.

Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-04-20T01:29:07+00:00

    I an having a similar issue although i believe this has happened to my computer because of zoom while it hasnt shut down on me before during use. 

    When i first downloaded the update it happened the next day but i was able to do the power off and up volume button to work after multiple attempts of button combinations.

    Then i uninstalled and reinstalled zoom about a week later and the day after my last meeting (today) it has now done this again except it continues to turn off by itself multiple times and i have encountered many different screens when successfully able to find the right combination of buttons after a million tries.

    not sure if it is hardware or what bc the shutdown has prompted by itself, when i use the mouse to click, or when i have moved the tablet and it wont turn back on although charging fine. 

    during the times i was able to get it on working for a few minutes with hope, i updated the most recent update but then also did the diagnostic test above and it recommended the bitlocker update which i have to have done by a support person apparently.

    ugh not sure how often this shut down has occurred for you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Barb Bowman 80,815 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2020-04-18T10:33:06+00:00

    ....any known fix?

    Microsoft has not commented on the cause of these random shutdowns. If the
    "customer supplied work around" I mentioned does not help, I'm afraid I don't
    have any suggestions. Sorry.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-04-17T19:01:08+00:00

    There is a known random shutdown issue. But, there is a temporary work around

    from another customer that seems to resolve the random shutdown issue for many

    others:

    "

    I've fixed it on my SP7 i5/8G/256G by installing the Intel Graphics CommandCenter from the Microsoft Store, opening it, going to System>Power>Panel SelfRefresh and turning it off for both "On Battery" and "Plugged In"."

    This did not work for me. Zoom still causes screen to crash but audio to work. Have to completely shutdown to get working again....any known fix?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Barb Bowman 80,815 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2020-04-08T09:48:12+00:00

    There is a known random shutdown issue. But, there is a temporary work around
    from another customer that seems to resolve the random shutdown issue for many
    others:

    "
    I've fixed it on my SP7 i5/8G/256G by installing the Intel Graphics CommandCenter from the Microsoft Store, opening it, going to System>Power>Panel SelfRefresh and turning it off for both "On Battery" and "Plugged In"."

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-04-07T21:18:40+00:00

    I have a Microsoft 10 and it has shut down 3 times. Middle of meetings. Totally bad form. What to do???

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments