Screen is shutting down while using zoom meeting program

Anonymous
2020-03-30T18:20:01+00:00

I bought my surface pro 7 at the end of January and until last week I didnt have any problem,but last week, it shut down suddenly when I left the pc idle. This was the first time. and then the next day its screen started to shut down suddenly and randomly in the middle of the "zoom" meeting. The other peoples voices kept coming but there was no image on the screen. It was dark. This problem still going on and it is very annoying. I tried using "zoom" on the another pc which has win 10, and I didn`t have any problem. Actually this shutting down randomly and suddenly problem must be solved immediately, because the devices are expensive and I paid a lot of money on it and we are more dependent  the computers nowadays than it was due to the extraordinary times we are going through due to the coronavirus situation.Do you have any advises for me to apply on my computer to fix it? Is it a general problem? Is it going to be solved or are we going to give up buying microsoft devices anymore? Please help and inform me as soon as possible.

Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-06-24T14:49:56+00:00

    I have same issue as currently 126 other people. I have a Surface Pro7, and it is only 6 months old.  I have done all of the steps suggested by Marrion_Y, and the Surface still shuts down during Zoom calls.  I am running Zoom 5.0 which is the most current version.  

    I get BSOD ":( Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart.  We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you.  

    For more information and possible fixes, visit https://www.windows/stopcode

    If you call a support person, give them this info:

    Stop code: FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE 

    Please help, I really would like to get this working again. 

    Same issue for me. sometimes it happens during a meeting, sometimes right after. Although it mostly happens with Zoom, it did happen once with Microsoft Teams, of course during a visit with my doctor.

    I do experience the horrible buzzing noise leading up to this blue screen and message as others have mentioned.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-06-10T21:17:49+00:00

    My Windows 10 laptop consistently powers down with no messages after about 40 mins of zoom, just like somebody pulled the plug. For about 30 seconds before the shutdown the sound goes very scratchy and sometimes the image goes jerky - it's almost like its memory is being continuously overwritten and it eventually runs out. Works perfectly on my iPad. Very frustrating.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-05-29T19:41:06+00:00

    I also have this same problem. Surface Pro bought a few years ago. Zoom has worked fine up until the last month and now crashes seemingly randomly during zoom calls. Screen says "locking" and then just shuts down.   Audio still continues, and often even continues once restarted afterward (which to me is the weirdest part of all, as if the computer didn't actually shut down).  I have had to resort to asking other people to run my important Zooms so that in case I crash during it I'm not the host! Please fix...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-05-22T16:00:27+00:00

    I have same issue as currently 126 other people. I have a Surface Pro7, and it is only 6 months old.  I have done all of the steps suggested by Marrion_Y, and the Surface still shuts down during Zoom calls.  I am running Zoom 5.0 which is the most current version.  

    I get BSOD ":( Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart.  We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you.  

    For more information and possible fixes, visit https://www.windows/stopcode

    If you call a support person, give them this info:

    Stop code: FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE 

    Please help, I really would like to get this working again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-05-20T21:46:59+00:00

    I had the same problem with a Surface Pro 7 I purchased in December.  Spent hours on the phone with multiple Microsoft Tech support representatives, and ultimately took a replacement device about three weeks ago.  Now have the same problem on the new Surface Pro 7.  Something VERY wrong here - now have been on the phone multiple times with tech support for this one.  Of all five of the support representatives we've worked with on two separate devices, NOT ONE OF THEM will acknowledge this is an issue.  They just continue to talk about updates and operating systems.  SO FRUSTRATING!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments