Screen is shutting down while using zoom meeting program

Anonymous
2020-03-30T18:20:01+00:00

I bought my surface pro 7 at the end of January and until last week I didnt have any problem,but last week, it shut down suddenly when I left the pc idle. This was the first time. and then the next day its screen started to shut down suddenly and randomly in the middle of the "zoom" meeting. The other peoples voices kept coming but there was no image on the screen. It was dark. This problem still going on and it is very annoying. I tried using "zoom" on the another pc which has win 10, and I didn`t have any problem. Actually this shutting down randomly and suddenly problem must be solved immediately, because the devices are expensive and I paid a lot of money on it and we are more dependent  the computers nowadays than it was due to the extraordinary times we are going through due to the coronavirus situation.Do you have any advises for me to apply on my computer to fix it? Is it a general problem? Is it going to be solved or are we going to give up buying microsoft devices anymore? Please help and inform me as soon as possible.

Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-08-04T00:53:01+00:00

    How can I determine why my zoom calls keeps dropping

    I bought my Surface laptop 3 pro and my laptop would shut down at least once a day -- randomly during a Zoom call.  It got so bad that I would log in from my laptop AND my phone.

    I was on the phone with Microsoft Tech Support for a total of 11 hours and evidently running Chrome, while running Zoom, causes the shut down.

    Including reinstalling Windows10, running different toolkits, scans, etc.

    I have -- bitterly -- used the latest Microsoft Edge browser for the past 10 hours and i haven't had a single shut down. 

    Just an FYI -- maybe this will ease someone else's heartache of reinstalling windows10.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-08-03T17:13:36+00:00

    How can I determine why my zoom calls keeps dropping

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-07-15T14:17:36+00:00

    Screen sharing exacerbates the crashing, but my PC crashes even without that only not as immediately. It may go 5-10 minutes before crashing. Screen sharing is an instant crash.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-07-15T04:37:24+00:00

    Problem sounds the almost the same on my PC, it seem to shutdown when sharing screen is invovled. Other wise the meeting is fine, Right after the start to share screen pc crashes. Have you notice if it crashes when screen is not sharing vices sharing?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-07-15T00:37:34+00:00

    I don't see an option for Panel self refresh?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments