"Very unsatisfactory and Microsoft zero help", that is why you took the words from my mouth!
Screen is shutting down while using zoom meeting program
I bought my surface pro 7 at the end of January and until last week I didnt have any problem,but last week, it shut down suddenly when I left the pc idle. This was the first time. and then the next day its screen started to shut down suddenly and randomly in the middle of the "zoom" meeting. The other peoples voices kept coming but there was no image on the screen. It was dark. This problem still going on and it is very annoying. I tried using "zoom" on the another pc which has win 10, and I didn`t have any
problem. Actually this shutting down randomly and suddenly problem must be solved immediately, because the devices are expensive and I paid a lot of money on it and we are more dependent the computers nowadays than it was due to the extraordinary times we
are going through due to the coronavirus situation.Do you have any advises for me to apply on my computer to fix it? Is it a general problem? Is it going to be solved or are we going to give up buying microsoft devices anymore? Please help and inform me as
soon as possible.
Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2021-08-27T06:12:58+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-08-27T01:47:37+00:00 Basically, just shut down any unnecessary programs while in zoom. Also, if allowed, don't share video on Zoom (turn camera off). Zoom takes a lot of courage usage so of your Surface Pro is running other programs, it will overheat. My problem is that I have to share my screen to teach. If you just use the whiteboard and not other annotation tools, it is less likely to be overloaded. I just switched to my old laptop and I have less problems.
-
Anonymous
2021-08-25T21:28:01+00:00 I have a Microsoft 10 and it has shut down 3 times. Middle of meetings. Totally bad form. What to do???
Same problem here.
I teach on Zoom, run Microsoft Windows 10. But if I have Microsoft Outlook open at the same time as Zoom, Microsoft seems to crash the Zoom program. I am working off a Dell laptop.
I've been shutting down Microsoft Outlook before beginning a class on Zoom, and that seems to help.
Any other suggestions?
-
Anonymous
2021-08-10T08:18:00+00:00 Same mine shut down middle of meeting for 2 times and I had to reboot my computer
-
Anonymous
2021-07-03T09:51:46+00:00 I wonder if this is why my Surface shut down during a presentation where I was being assessed last week. I wasn't leaving it idle though, as I was using the forward button to go through the presentation slides. It was fully charged up - could it eat up charge at, say 4X the normal rate when you're trying to play a PPT over Zoom? Did it make a difference that I also had to use my phone as a tether point to access the internet? Was this all just taking up too much RAM?? It was incredibly stressful.