My tragedy was with Zoom, on an HP Laptop, It finally went to black screen after 3 blue screens, aka dead. I called HP and they told me that my WIN 10 update (about September 2020) destroyed the ROM (read only memory). HP would fix. Two months later I received it with a new motherboard. Still no idea what really happened. I wish you all luck.
Screen is shutting down while using zoom meeting program
I bought my surface pro 7 at the end of January and until last week I didnt have any problem,but last week, it shut down suddenly when I left the pc idle. This was the first time. and then the next day its screen started to shut down suddenly and randomly in the middle of the "zoom" meeting. The other peoples voices kept coming but there was no image on the screen. It was dark. This problem still going on and it is very annoying. I tried using "zoom" on the another pc which has win 10, and I didn`t have any
problem. Actually this shutting down randomly and suddenly problem must be solved immediately, because the devices are expensive and I paid a lot of money on it and we are more dependent the computers nowadays than it was due to the extraordinary times we
are going through due to the coronavirus situation.Do you have any advises for me to apply on my computer to fix it? Is it a general problem? Is it going to be solved or are we going to give up buying microsoft devices anymore? Please help and inform me as
soon as possible.
Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2021-11-28T21:24:49+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-11-24T04:31:38+00:00 Hi Marion,
I have a SP8 and this happens with both Teams and Zoom. Very frustrating.
Have Microsoft replied to this at all?
I guess I will have to try updates and reinstalling in the meantime. Even the virtual background for Zoom is gone with SP8.
Let's hope this gets resolved.
-
Anonymous
2021-11-24T04:29:51+00:00 I have a SP8 and this happens with both Teams and Zoom. Very frustrating.
Have Microsoft replied to this at all?
I guess I will have to try updates and reinstalling in the meantime. Even the virtual background for Zoom is gone with SP8.
Let's hope this gets resolved.
-
Anonymous
2021-09-08T18:48:34+00:00 This is obviously a problem. I'm experiencing shutdowns while using Zoom on a Windows 10 8 core i9 processor, Intel GPU. I'm not sharing my screen, the person on the other end is, can't see THAT as being an issue. CPU runs hot but not too sure if its during my zoom meetings, something to check. But after reading all these entries have a Gard time believing its a Microsoft problem. Zoom, please fix.
UPDATE: I also have a razor blade stealth with whatever CPU it uses and I have no issues. Intel hardware, Microsoft software.
I just installed Windows 11, I'll update after I test.
BTW, the last reports are of "the screen shutting down", no, the entire host machine shuts down.
-
Anonymous
2021-09-05T13:42:43+00:00 I have a surface pro 4 which is about 6 years old, but it is in very good condition. However, when I am using Zoom to share my screen and I have been online for over 2 hours, the images on the screen begin to tremble or to move, and I cannot really read the screen. If I am being the speaker at a conference I cannot even read my powerpoint presentation after 2 hours of connection in Zoom. It seems to me that the video card of the surface pro gets hot or extremely warm and it cannot handle a long time sharing a screen on Zoom. One of my employees purchased a Surface Pro 7, and he also has the same problem of the images on the screen beginning to jump or move, unstable, after the screen "gets tired" or is gets extremely hot after being connected 2 hours or more on a Zoom video call, such as when we are giving g a conference or seminar. For this reason we are both considering not purchasing any other Microsoft Surface again. I need to purchase a new computer soon, because my hard drive is almost full, and I like to have what I need on board and not on an external drive, but I am considering other options because of this problem. Any help or opinion from someone? Thanks. Carlos.