I spent an hour with a Microsoft Tech support accociate going through the diagnostic toolkit and all the system checks for and viruses. We even went on a zoom meeting together but of course the problem didn't happen then. The system was supposedly "healthy." Then 20 minutes after I hung up with her I had to do another Zoom meeting to tutor someone in math and it shutdown in the middle of meeting. I can't figure out why Zoom does this to my computer. Sometimes it happens when I'm annotating on the screen and sometimes not. Sometimes it just causes my screen to freeze and other times my whole PC shuts down with a loud buzzing sound and a screen that says " your PC has run into a problem and needs to shut down". I have searched the zoom website for help on this without any luck.
I have this exact problem with Zoom. It is causing my Surface Pro 7 screen to black out or for the entire Surface to shut down. Sometimes I get the "your PC has run into a problem and needs to shut down message" and sometimes I don't. Sometimes my screen will also become fuzzy/flicker during these meetings, especially after the screen goes black. Cannot get any help from Microsoft on this. I need Zoom to tutor my students and to meet with professors/attend class. My Surface has had issues outside of this too that have not been fixed. I'm under warranty too.