Gotta take this back, it seems to recur randomly and need a reboot that sometimes fixes it, sometimes not. Bummer, Microsoft, can we do better here?
Surface Pro7 touch screen issue with Windows 11
Recently installed Windows 11 on my Surface pro7. The touchscreen stop working every time I lock machine after usage or if it goes on sleep. Also, face recognition stops working and only way to login is through pin.
If i restart machine, it works fine - both face recognition and touch screen works but the moment it goes for sleep or get locked, both things stop working again. Appreciate any help to resolve issue.
Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2022-01-10T19:15:19+00:00 -
Anonymous
2022-01-10T22:19:48+00:00 Not working for me. Can u b more elaborate on how u doing it plz? thx
plz disregard... it seems to work
-
Anonymous
2022-01-13T09:43:01+00:00 What do you exactly mean by open/close/open method?
-
Anonymous
2022-01-13T12:33:13+00:00 I got the same issue. It drove me crazy.
Microsoft, please?
-
Anonymous
2022-01-16T05:56:24+00:00 I have the same issue. Have been on tech support three different times over the last two months. I performed the entire roll back, recovery to Windows 10, then reinstall. Same problem. I am really annoyed. Having to restart every time I open the keyboard not only risks losing work I had in progress when the SP7 went to sleep, but also completely eliminates one of the best features of the device, which is a quick start up into tablet or touch mode. I have to restart to use my surface pen, which I do all the time with the whiteboard app. I asked tech support if this was a typical problem and they said no. They must not read this support page?