Surface Pro7 touch screen issue with Windows 11

Anonymous
2021-11-07T14:03:55+00:00

Recently installed Windows 11 on my Surface pro7. The touchscreen stop working every time I lock machine after usage or if it goes on sleep. Also, face recognition stops working and only way to login is through pin.

If i restart machine, it works fine - both face recognition and touch screen works but the moment it goes for sleep or get locked, both things stop working again. Appreciate any help to resolve issue.

Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2022-01-01T19:13:23+00:00

    I was experiencing the same issues - post Win11 Upgrade on my SP7 touchscreen and facial recognition didn't work.

    I tried all the steps above and also downloaded drivers and things are working now.

    Steps:

    1. Surface Diagnostics (seemed useless here tbh)
    2. System File Checker - No issues found but maybe that helped?
    3. Facial recognition - removed existing face registration and added again.
    4. Removed "HID Compliant touch screen" there was only one but I removed it anyway
    5. Installed Surface Pro 7 Drivers for Win11 from here:

    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=100419

    1. Reboot

    Everything seems to be working as it used to now.

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-01-05T04:39:03+00:00

    Thanks for the suggestion Eric but this doesn't work on my device. It may work on occasion but certainly not every time. I've contacted Microsoft Support and am working through it (slowly) with them with no success yet.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-01-05T04:41:21+00:00

    Thanks for the suggestion. I just tried it on my SP7 and the problems persist (camera, touchscreen and type cover waking the device). I've contacted Microsoft Support so we'll see whether they can resolve it...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-01-05T04:55:46+00:00

    Hello Brett,

    I faced the same issues (touch screen, the facial recognition via Windows Hello) not working after a few minutes of inactivity.

    I have performed the steps below yet do not result in a permanent solution.

    1. Performed Surface Diagnostic Toolkit but no irregularity displayed.
    2. There is also no remaining Windows Update.
    3. System File Checker - The restore operation was completed successfully with Verification 100% completed

    Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

    1. Uninstalling HID-Compliant Touch Screen and Intel(R) Precise Touch Device in Device Manager doesn't work.
    2. Restarting the device only works as a temporary solution as the same issue reoccurs after a few minutes of inactivity.

    It is doesn't make sense to restart every single time and I'm looking for more of a permanent solution.

    Appreciate it if you could share any solution shared by Microsoft Support. Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments