Surface Pro7 touch screen issue with Windows 11

Anonymous
2021-11-07T14:03:55+00:00

Recently installed Windows 11 on my Surface pro7. The touchscreen stop working every time I lock machine after usage or if it goes on sleep. Also, face recognition stops working and only way to login is through pin.

If i restart machine, it works fine - both face recognition and touch screen works but the moment it goes for sleep or get locked, both things stop working again. Appreciate any help to resolve issue.

Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-01-31T01:40:19+00:00

    Hey Davey, update your SP7 with the latest update including the optional cumulative one.

    Like Taylor posted on the end of Page 3, it seems like the latest optional update helped.

    I don't remember having to do the Type Cover open/close/open trick in the past few days.

    Funny how when something works, we don't notice it. 😂

    For the rest, except for XBOX, Microsoft is not really a consumer appliance company. Do continue to use the Feedback app (and post here) because even if their support people don't respond, the dev team would get our feedback if enough people use it.

    I think the Feedback app is linked to their internal bug tracking program. I had a printer issue after a Win10 update and I used the Feedback app. The following day, it was reported on tech news as more people reported the same issue and Microsoft issued a workaround a few days after that together with a permanent fix 2 patch Tuesday later.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-01-30T21:25:57+00:00

    The same has happened to me. Microsoft told me that windows 11 cannot be the result of a hardware issue. It came to the final option of factory reset, and nothing happened. The worst part is that I have zero response from the help team. Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-01-30T20:37:57+00:00

    Not sure about you guys, but I think it's been fixed? Been a couple of days since the latest update (2022-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems (KB5008353)) on 26/1/22 and I haven't faced the issue once.. Hoping it stays that way and waiting to stumble across what else is broken.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-01-20T21:13:22+00:00

    Welp, scratch out all that below. Issue resurfaced. Haha Surface....... smf.

    Credit to guy above for link to drivers. My steps are pretty much the same save for removing more drivers and running into the driver install hanging.

    Drivers: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=100419

    Note waiting a few minutes is a good thing to do, just in case it is still doing something in the background. Windows is notorious for not including an accurate presentation of loading bar percentage.

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-01-19T17:47:49+00:00

    Hi,

    Surface Pro 7 with W11 here. The problem with the unresponsive touch screen also happens when I have a BT keyboard or if my surface pro 7 is connected to the surface dock 2 and it goes to sleep mode, however thae sleeping mode is activated (i.e. via the on/off switch, or sleep mode due to lack of use for a few minutes).

    I use the Surface Pen with a clip and a single button on the flat edge.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments