Surface Pro7 touch screen issue with Windows 11

Anonymous
2021-11-07T14:03:55+00:00

Recently installed Windows 11 on my Surface pro7. The touchscreen stop working every time I lock machine after usage or if it goes on sleep. Also, face recognition stops working and only way to login is through pin.

If i restart machine, it works fine - both face recognition and touch screen works but the moment it goes for sleep or get locked, both things stop working again. Appreciate any help to resolve issue.

Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-06-21T03:17:53+00:00

    Same! I don’t know if the problem is worse or me but it is back. 🤷🏻‍♀️

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-06-21T02:57:00+00:00

    It came back for me as well. I replaced with a new iPad Air recently. Have not missed my surface once since. Problem solved.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-06-21T02:02:38+00:00

    My Surface Pro 7 initially had this same problem and then sudden fix. Now, after the latest update, sometime in early June, the problem has reappeared, but worse. The open/close/open of the cover doesn't work at all anymore either.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-04-13T16:53:45+00:00

    So, I've recently had some issues with my touch screen. I have the latest update [2022-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems (KB5012592)], but my touch screen randomly stopped working about 3 days ago out of nowhere. I was mid drawing in tablet mode when it just stopped working. My device even says it's not compatible with pen or touch and I am missing the HID compliant touch screen driver. Nothing I have tried will even allow me to reinstall the driver. It is like I never had a touch screen. I have a surface pro 7 and I've had it for under a year!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-02-08T14:18:35+00:00

    Hi all,

    I confirm this has now been fixed.

    best to all,

    Eurico

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments