Surface Pro7 touch screen issue with Windows 11

Anonymous
2021-11-07T14:03:55+00:00

Recently installed Windows 11 on my Surface pro7. The touchscreen stop working every time I lock machine after usage or if it goes on sleep. Also, face recognition stops working and only way to login is through pin.

If i restart machine, it works fine - both face recognition and touch screen works but the moment it goes for sleep or get locked, both things stop working again. Appreciate any help to resolve issue.

Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-06-30T02:35:42+00:00

    I got this problem a few weeks ago but I'm on Insider Release preview. The problem seems to have resolved itself a few days ago.

    I just noticed new firmwares and updates today. Did you guys update to the latest firmware?

    Please clarify where the new firmware is obtained from. I see firmware from June 8, 2022, as the latest and after installing that does not resolve the issue for me. Surface Pro 7, Windows 11.

    I got it on WU. You can check your WU history. My current Firmware versions are 15.10.140.0 and 13.0.2101.2.

    It sorts of solve the "Windows Hello cameras not being activated when Type Cover is opened" issue but doesn't fully resolve the Type Cover closing and putting the SP7 to sleep issue.

    Bug Report follows:

    After closing the Type Cover and while plugged in, screen turns off, but immediately turns on and with the Windows Hello cameras switching on again. Yes, I checked the Type Cover is fully closed.

    It will remain in this state for a while. I noticed my SP7 is warm in the morning when I opened the Type Cover. I believe it's because I set my SP7 to "Never Sleep" while on AC power. The SP7 does go to sleep completely on battery (BUT only after the set time to sleep in the Power Profile.) Yes, I checked that my Power Profile is set to Sleep when laptop lid is closed.

    Obviously, someone messed up the driver, the system management extension or Windows 11 itself in terms of prioritising power events. I suspect it's a Windows 11 issue.

    Yes, I'm aware W11 Build 22621 has these new "Carbon Emission" reminders dotted everywhere and it is reminding me that my SP7 AC power sleep is set to "Never", but once I close the Type Cover, it should go to sleep.

    What I'm doing now to work-around is to close the Type Cover, then press the Power button to ensure my SP7 enters the proper power state.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-06-28T16:39:30+00:00

    I got this problem a few weeks ago but I'm on Insider Release preview. The problem seems to have resolved itself a few days ago.

    I just noticed new firmwares and updates today. Did you guys update to the latest firmware?

    Please clarify where the new firmware is obtained from. I see firmware from June 8, 2022, as the latest and after installing that does not resolve the issue for me. Surface Pro 7, Windows 11.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-06-21T09:45:22+00:00

    I confirm the problem seems to be sorted. I have updated the firmware and, so far so good (Surface Plus 7 on W11 this end)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-06-21T05:51:07+00:00

    I got this problem a few weeks ago but I'm on Insider Release preview. The problem seems to have resolved itself a few days ago.

    I just noticed new firmwares and updates today. Did you guys update to the latest firmware?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-06-21T03:27:47+00:00

    Same here. But at least Microsoft are really open and transparent and helpful about it! 🤦‍♂️ Ah yeah sweep it under the rug, who wants functional software anyway, let's mess with something that's not broken, a tablet with no touch screen or pen input is super versatile! 🤷‍♂️

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments