For me as well, a couple of weeks after installing 22H2, no problems.
Surface Pro7 touch screen issue with Windows 11
Recently installed Windows 11 on my Surface pro7. The touchscreen stop working every time I lock machine after usage or if it goes on sleep. Also, face recognition stops working and only way to login is through pin.
If i restart machine, it works fine - both face recognition and touch screen works but the moment it goes for sleep or get locked, both things stop working again. Appreciate any help to resolve issue.
Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2022-10-17T13:07:12+00:00 -
Anonymous
2022-10-06T15:36:58+00:00 Fortunately, for me the recent Windows 11 version update 22H2 seems to have solved the problem.
-
Anonymous
2022-09-26T07:41:36+00:00 Indeed. I'm now pressing the power button to put the SP7 to sleep.
-
Anonymous
2022-09-20T18:31:16+00:00 It has now been a few months since the June update broke things again after having the issue fixed with the January update. I would hope that Microsoft would put some effort into solving this (again). You can end up with a quite frustrating situation if you did not bring your keyboard along. A tablet without a working touchscreen is quite useless. Or perhaps I should say more accuratelly, a tablet without an operating system that cares to activate the touchscreen is quite useless.
-
Anonymous
2022-09-12T16:06:25+00:00 I have not found a solution that solves this other than a rollback to Windows 10.