So, I've recently had some issues with my touch screen. I have the latest update [2022-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems (KB5012592)], but my touch screen randomly stopped working about 3 days ago out of nowhere. I was mid drawing in tablet mode when it just stopped working. My device even says it's not compatible with pen or touch and I am missing the HID compliant touch screen driver. Nothing I have tried will even allow me to reinstall the driver. It is like I never had a touch screen. I have a surface pro 7 and I've had it for under a year!
Surface Pro7 touch screen issue with Windows 11
Recently installed Windows 11 on my Surface pro7. The touchscreen stop working every time I lock machine after usage or if it goes on sleep. Also, face recognition stops working and only way to login is through pin.
If i restart machine, it works fine - both face recognition and touch screen works but the moment it goes for sleep or get locked, both things stop working again. Appreciate any help to resolve issue.
Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2022-04-13T16:53:45+00:00 -
Anonymous
2022-02-08T14:18:35+00:00 Hi all,
I confirm this has now been fixed.
best to all,
Eurico
-
Anonymous
2022-01-31T01:40:19+00:00 Hey Davey, update your SP7 with the latest update including the optional cumulative one.
Like Taylor posted on the end of Page 3, it seems like the latest optional update helped.
I don't remember having to do the Type Cover open/close/open trick in the past few days.
Funny how when something works, we don't notice it. 😂
For the rest, except for XBOX, Microsoft is not really a consumer appliance company. Do continue to use the Feedback app (and post here) because even if their support people don't respond, the dev team would get our feedback if enough people use it.
I think the Feedback app is linked to their internal bug tracking program. I had a printer issue after a Win10 update and I used the Feedback app. The following day, it was reported on tech news as more people reported the same issue and Microsoft issued a workaround a few days after that together with a permanent fix 2 patch Tuesday later.
-
Anonymous
2022-01-30T20:37:57+00:00 Not sure about you guys, but I think it's been fixed? Been a couple of days since the latest update (2022-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems (KB5008353)) on 26/1/22 and I haven't faced the issue once.. Hoping it stays that way and waiting to stumble across what else is broken.