Chiming in with my own experience with what I suspect is the same bug.
Microsoft Surface Pro 7
Fully updated driver on the Surface camera.
I run into an issue any time I use my Surface's camera in a meeting.
In Google Meet (in Microsoft Edge), the camera will function just fine until some time later (usually after a period of inactivity, like while waiting for the other person and working in a different tab). Eventually, the screen just freezes, though the camera says it is there. Turning off the camera in Google Meet suddenly gets the program to recognize that a problem has occurred, because the screen will go black and Google Meet will now insist that I have no camera. Meanwhile, the camera light continues to be on. Going to the Camera Privacy Settings in Windows, it will show the camera is currently in use by the browser. Force closing the browser from the task manager does not change the Camera Privacy Settings from saying that the browser is using the camera. Trying to change the camera's settings in Windows Camera Settings will never finish loading the page to allow you to affect anything other than disabling it. Disabling it will not turn off the camera light (restart must happen in order for the changes to take effect, it says). Finally, restarting the computer an re-enabling the camera works with the camera functioning as it is intended (until its next real use).
Running a Zoom meeting in the app, the camera functioned just fine for about 37 minutes. Mid-meeting and mid-sharing my screen, the call froze, and the entire app had to be force closed. The light on the camera remained on. I tried to re-initiate the call multiple times in the app, but every time it insisted that I was already in a meeting, and gave me no options. I force closed the app again, finally re-joining in the Zoom in-browser version (Microsoft Edge), where I was told that that camera was in use by a different app. Camera Privacy Settings claims it was in use by the Zoom app, despite the app not being listed on my task manager (having been force closed). Several hours later, the light continues to be on, and the Camera Privacy Settings continue to insist that the camera is being used by the Zoom app. Disabling from the device manager results in exactly the same thing as disabling from the Camera Settings -- prompts you to restart in order for the changes to take effect. The light remains on.
No blue screen here, but the camera failing and getting stuck on (and causing other errors in other programs) seems to be a similar trend. There's something causing this camera to get stuck "on", and the only way to reset it is with a full computer restart.