Surface Pro 4 - Screen won't wake from sleep

Anonymous
2015-10-27T05:32:42+00:00

I received my Surface Pro 4 today and it worked fine. I put it on "sleep" for awhile, came back and turned it on. Once again it worked fine. I made an error and instead of putting it on "sleep" I  hit the power button to turn it off when I finished. Now it won't come on at all. The screen stays dark. If I push the power button I can see lights under the keyboard keys, then if I hit the power switch again they go off. But nothing happens to the screen no matter what I do. Has anyone else suffered from this?

Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-08-19T19:27:34+00:00

It works fine for me after the Anniversary Update to Windows 10 Pro (Version 1607). It no longer goes into a coma.

I just traveled all week. Put my Surface Pro 4 (SP4) to sleep 10 to 20 times each day, and currently my task manager shows the up time to be 7:21:35:21 - 7 days! It is actually working the way I expected it to when I bought it!

It was such a relief to not be scared to put it to sleep during meeting breaks to save battery when working with my Pen and OneNote. For the past 7 months I've had to have it on power when in meetings so that it wouldn't go into a coma. That was always so embarrassing.

You can update to the latest version of Windows 10 by opening Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and selecting Check for updates.

Was this answer helpful?

10 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

2,411 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-03-23T21:53:34+00:00

    You're not alone. As you can see, the forum is loaded with people experiencing the same issue.

    Everybody's waiting for Microsoft on this one.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-03-23T22:07:35+00:00

    I really wonder too, no feedback from MS. They may have some fight between the management. Everyday, I have to check my bag to make sure my SP4 does not get hot in the bag. I worry, it will cause fire. I always take my SP4 out from my bag when I get home from work. I do not want to see this stupid thing burning in my bag and cause fire. I am done with MS products. I have switching my home computer with Mac. I am planning to replace all my office computer with Mac since I am a decision maker in the company.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-03-24T01:20:53+00:00

    I had an online chat with a Microsoft representative, asking about returning my Surface Pro 4 due to this ongoing problem.  He suggested that I "refresh" Windows first, to see if that would help.  It had the IT department at my company do a complete refresh, reinstalling Windows and reinstalling all software.  Got it back today and within 3 sleep/wake attempts (over the course of several hours) it failed to wake again.

    I bet the IT department has spent at least 10 hours working on my Surface, and yet still it has this problem. 

    Next step is to return the darn thing.  Too bad, as otherwise it's a nice computer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-03-24T01:39:04+00:00

    Hi 

    I checked everything as per your post, i found everything normal. 

    system is running latest update and firmware. i still have the problem once its sleep it doesnt wake up. 

    it is so frustrating. 

    Regards

    Ansar

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments