Surface Pro 4 - Screen won't wake from sleep

Anonymous
2015-10-27T05:32:42+00:00

I received my Surface Pro 4 today and it worked fine. I put it on "sleep" for awhile, came back and turned it on. Once again it worked fine. I made an error and instead of putting it on "sleep" I  hit the power button to turn it off when I finished. Now it won't come on at all. The screen stays dark. If I push the power button I can see lights under the keyboard keys, then if I hit the power switch again they go off. But nothing happens to the screen no matter what I do. Has anyone else suffered from this?

Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-08-19T19:27:34+00:00

It works fine for me after the Anniversary Update to Windows 10 Pro (Version 1607). It no longer goes into a coma.

I just traveled all week. Put my Surface Pro 4 (SP4) to sleep 10 to 20 times each day, and currently my task manager shows the up time to be 7:21:35:21 - 7 days! It is actually working the way I expected it to when I bought it!

It was such a relief to not be scared to put it to sleep during meeting breaks to save battery when working with my Pen and OneNote. For the past 7 months I've had to have it on power when in meetings so that it wouldn't go into a coma. That was always so embarrassing.

You can update to the latest version of Windows 10 by opening Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and selecting Check for updates.

Was this answer helpful?

10 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

2,411 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-03-19T12:36:53+00:00

    At least for me, the Intel Beta Graphics driver 15.40.20.4404 has solved the heating issue while SP4 i5/256/8 is in sleep mode and the black screen after sleep issue completely.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-03-19T15:08:12+00:00

    Hello,

    Is the graphics driver Intel Beta Graphics driver 15.40.20.4404  downloadable from Microsoft?

    Kind Regards

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-03-19T15:30:56+00:00

    Hello,

    Is the graphics driver Intel Beta Graphics driver 15.40.20.4404  downloadable from Microsoft?

    Kind Regards

    No.  It's available from Intel only, HERE!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-03-19T15:41:18+00:00

    I was really frustrated with these two SP4 problems and lack of fix from Microsoft for almost last four months and this is what I did:

    Downloaded the driver from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25848/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40-

    Unzipped it, went to "Device Manager" (through search)  then "Display Adapters" > right-click "Intel HD Graphics 520" > "update driver software" > "Browse my computer for driver software"> "let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer" >  "Have Disk" > then I browsed to the location where I have unzipped the Win64 driver (Graphics sub folder) and updated the driver. I restarted SP4 and absolutely no problem since then!

    I hope this helps you too.....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments