Surface Pro 4 - Screen won't wake from sleep

Anonymous
2015-10-27T05:32:42+00:00

I received my Surface Pro 4 today and it worked fine. I put it on "sleep" for awhile, came back and turned it on. Once again it worked fine. I made an error and instead of putting it on "sleep" I  hit the power button to turn it off when I finished. Now it won't come on at all. The screen stays dark. If I push the power button I can see lights under the keyboard keys, then if I hit the power switch again they go off. But nothing happens to the screen no matter what I do. Has anyone else suffered from this?

Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-08-19T19:27:34+00:00

It works fine for me after the Anniversary Update to Windows 10 Pro (Version 1607). It no longer goes into a coma.

I just traveled all week. Put my Surface Pro 4 (SP4) to sleep 10 to 20 times each day, and currently my task manager shows the up time to be 7:21:35:21 - 7 days! It is actually working the way I expected it to when I bought it!

It was such a relief to not be scared to put it to sleep during meeting breaks to save battery when working with my Pen and OneNote. For the past 7 months I've had to have it on power when in meetings so that it wouldn't go into a coma. That was always so embarrassing.

You can update to the latest version of Windows 10 by opening Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and selecting Check for updates.

Was this answer helpful?

10 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

2,411 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-03-17T17:58:47+00:00

    For all of you with this issue still and the possibility to return the product --- I strongly recommend to return it ASAP!

    This issue has been present since last year. People trusted Microsoft and kept the product, then MS released a crappy firmware update in 2/17 and broke it for even more people. I had 30 days to return and did so. Got a Macbook Pro retina and everything just works now.

    I loved the Surface Pro 4, I believe it was a better product, but it doesn't work. For that pricepoint it should work. There are $150 tablets with Win10 that work normally. Seriously, return the device if you still can, this issue will not be fixed and possibly there is a problem with Skylake. Just think about it, why doesn't Apple have Skylake out yet? They are usually the first to release a next gen CPU. Stability.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-03-17T18:15:24+00:00

    Just rebooted this minute.

    Thanks Microsoft

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-03-17T18:28:58+00:00

    Intel released a new beta driver yesterday. Seems to be working better, will report back later to confirm the wake up problem is fixed

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-03-17T20:24:29+00:00

    4 filled months of bugs. 4 months I bought a Surface Pro 4 €1950 to be computer technician. This is unacceptable! the patience of consumers has limits.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments