Surface Pro 4 - Screen won't wake from sleep

Anonymous
2015-10-27T05:32:42+00:00

I received my Surface Pro 4 today and it worked fine. I put it on "sleep" for awhile, came back and turned it on. Once again it worked fine. I made an error and instead of putting it on "sleep" I  hit the power button to turn it off when I finished. Now it won't come on at all. The screen stays dark. If I push the power button I can see lights under the keyboard keys, then if I hit the power switch again they go off. But nothing happens to the screen no matter what I do. Has anyone else suffered from this?

Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-08-19T19:27:34+00:00

It works fine for me after the Anniversary Update to Windows 10 Pro (Version 1607). It no longer goes into a coma.

I just traveled all week. Put my Surface Pro 4 (SP4) to sleep 10 to 20 times each day, and currently my task manager shows the up time to be 7:21:35:21 - 7 days! It is actually working the way I expected it to when I bought it!

It was such a relief to not be scared to put it to sleep during meeting breaks to save battery when working with my Pen and OneNote. For the past 7 months I've had to have it on power when in meetings so that it wouldn't go into a coma. That was always so embarrassing.

You can update to the latest version of Windows 10 by opening Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and selecting Check for updates.

Was this answer helpful?

10 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

2,411 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-03-01T08:32:49+00:00

    I hit the power button to turn on the Surface Pro 4 but does nothing.  Run my finger along the screen and you can see it is registering that feedback.  Hold down the power button and my lock screen comes on to power down by wiping down.  Nothing happens.

    In order to access ANY menu I HAVE to HARD RESET the Surface Pro 4.  This is a situation I have encountered almost daily now.

    Very frustrating.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-03-01T13:19:44+00:00

    My Surface Pro 4 was fine, did not have this problem until I did all the current updates and now it is twice a day or more the screen does not wake up,  I have switched off windows hello, to see if it is this, and will see over the next few days.  Bit miffed at having to soft reset by holding down buttons, just to turn it on.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-03-01T13:34:17+00:00

    Never mind, here's a device that's equivalent of a @Surface RT and wont have sleep problems! :-P

    "Why Android and even Windows might make it onto the Raspberry Pi 3" zd.net/24t10Op

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-03-01T14:22:36+00:00

    me too :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments