Surface Pro 4 - Screen won't wake from sleep

Anonymous
2015-10-27T05:32:42+00:00

I received my Surface Pro 4 today and it worked fine. I put it on "sleep" for awhile, came back and turned it on. Once again it worked fine. I made an error and instead of putting it on "sleep" I  hit the power button to turn it off when I finished. Now it won't come on at all. The screen stays dark. If I push the power button I can see lights under the keyboard keys, then if I hit the power switch again they go off. But nothing happens to the screen no matter what I do. Has anyone else suffered from this?

Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-08-19T19:27:34+00:00

It works fine for me after the Anniversary Update to Windows 10 Pro (Version 1607). It no longer goes into a coma.

I just traveled all week. Put my Surface Pro 4 (SP4) to sleep 10 to 20 times each day, and currently my task manager shows the up time to be 7:21:35:21 - 7 days! It is actually working the way I expected it to when I bought it!

It was such a relief to not be scared to put it to sleep during meeting breaks to save battery when working with my Pen and OneNote. For the past 7 months I've had to have it on power when in meetings so that it wouldn't go into a coma. That was always so embarrassing.

You can update to the latest version of Windows 10 by opening Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and selecting Check for updates.

Was this answer helpful?

10 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

2,411 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-02-26T18:07:37+00:00

    i have the exact same isses- 2/26/16, all MS updates are installed. The unit is 2 days old, 50% of the time does not wake up from sleep, or should i say the display fails to appear.

    I changed the settings to hibernate from sleep so the unit works as it should.

    Is MS releasing an update for this? seems like almost 4 months into this and the updates didnt help?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-02-26T17:43:00+00:00

    I am assuming a replacement will not help since this seems to be a software issue, I am eligle to get a replacement but not sure if that will help?

    I have reached out to someone in Microsoft who will try to get the right folks to respond to this thread. Hopefully someone will listen.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-02-26T16:51:53+00:00

    I am returning my Surface Pro 4, don't want to risk and wait months for Microsoft to even acknowledge the problem, let alone fix it. Unacceptable for a $1,600 device. At least Apple just works.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-02-26T16:42:00+00:00

    Hey Forum Moderator,

    Merging several discussions into this GIGANTIC one is counterproductive.

    Although some of the topics discussed do overlap, it is now just impossible to track the subtleties. And this is bad.

    Are you trying to make this problem appear less important than it is?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments