Surface Pro 4 - Screen won't wake from sleep

Anonymous
2015-10-27T05:32:42+00:00

I received my Surface Pro 4 today and it worked fine. I put it on "sleep" for awhile, came back and turned it on. Once again it worked fine. I made an error and instead of putting it on "sleep" I  hit the power button to turn it off when I finished. Now it won't come on at all. The screen stays dark. If I push the power button I can see lights under the keyboard keys, then if I hit the power switch again they go off. But nothing happens to the screen no matter what I do. Has anyone else suffered from this?

Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-08-19T19:27:34+00:00

It works fine for me after the Anniversary Update to Windows 10 Pro (Version 1607). It no longer goes into a coma.

I just traveled all week. Put my Surface Pro 4 (SP4) to sleep 10 to 20 times each day, and currently my task manager shows the up time to be 7:21:35:21 - 7 days! It is actually working the way I expected it to when I bought it!

It was such a relief to not be scared to put it to sleep during meeting breaks to save battery when working with my Pen and OneNote. For the past 7 months I've had to have it on power when in meetings so that it wouldn't go into a coma. That was always so embarrassing.

You can update to the latest version of Windows 10 by opening Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and selecting Check for updates.

Was this answer helpful?

10 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

2,411 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-02-29T01:16:47+00:00

    I did.  It denied me the ability to install it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-02-28T23:05:33+00:00

    wondering if anybody has tried the intel beta driver?

    15.40.18.64.4380

    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25749/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40

    the update from windows is a few days prior with version:

    15.40.16.4364

    from what I can tell with windows versioning

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-02-28T23:04:17+00:00

    Here's a weird trick, I've found that if in power settings I set "Turn off the display" and "Put the computer to sleep" to the same amount of time (e.g. turn off and sleep after 5 minutes on battery, 10 minutes on charging), I have the wake from sleep issue a lot less. Still have battery drain issues, though.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-02-28T23:02:17+00:00

    Hello,

    Thanks.  This fix works for me every time, opening/closing the lid  a second time.

    VERY GOOD.

    Thanks.

    This "fix" of opening and closing the lid twice.  It may wake up the SP4 from Sleep.  But during Sleep, isn't it still running hot? I'm bothered by it being hot for too long, and hence prefer hibernate where it is cold.  Has anyone found that the SP4 IS NOT HOT during Sleep, whether it wakes or not?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments