Surface Pro 4 - Screen won't wake from sleep

Anonymous
2015-10-27T05:32:42+00:00

I received my Surface Pro 4 today and it worked fine. I put it on "sleep" for awhile, came back and turned it on. Once again it worked fine. I made an error and instead of putting it on "sleep" I  hit the power button to turn it off when I finished. Now it won't come on at all. The screen stays dark. If I push the power button I can see lights under the keyboard keys, then if I hit the power switch again they go off. But nothing happens to the screen no matter what I do. Has anyone else suffered from this?

Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-08-19T19:27:34+00:00

It works fine for me after the Anniversary Update to Windows 10 Pro (Version 1607). It no longer goes into a coma.

I just traveled all week. Put my Surface Pro 4 (SP4) to sleep 10 to 20 times each day, and currently my task manager shows the up time to be 7:21:35:21 - 7 days! It is actually working the way I expected it to when I bought it!

It was such a relief to not be scared to put it to sleep during meeting breaks to save battery when working with my Pen and OneNote. For the past 7 months I've had to have it on power when in meetings so that it wouldn't go into a coma. That was always so embarrassing.

You can update to the latest version of Windows 10 by opening Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and selecting Check for updates.

Was this answer helpful?

10 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

2,411 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-03-01T15:43:45+00:00

    Still having the issue after the update. You are completely wrong.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-03-01T14:56:44+00:00

    looking at powercfg I see most of the sleep states are disabled.. I could be wrong but if the developers intentionally did this , then we just have to wait for the upcoming updates. I'm just going to shutdown every go.. sleep does work but when I get hit by this issue every so often I spend more time shutting down rather than just shutting down

    business aspect what this machine offers I need so I guess ill have to suck it up! until they release updates.

    (if I wanted stable I guess surface pro 3 should of been purchased)

    ![](http://fud.community.services.support.microsoft.com/Fud/FileDownloadHandler.ashx?fid=c15524c2-5fbe-4559-89c8-7cecbe10f87a)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-03-01T14:25:19+00:00

    I update firmware up to date already,but this issue not disappear :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-03-01T14:22:36+00:00

    me too :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments