Surface Pro 4 - Screen won't wake from sleep

Anonymous
2015-10-27T05:32:42+00:00

I received my Surface Pro 4 today and it worked fine. I put it on "sleep" for awhile, came back and turned it on. Once again it worked fine. I made an error and instead of putting it on "sleep" I  hit the power button to turn it off when I finished. Now it won't come on at all. The screen stays dark. If I push the power button I can see lights under the keyboard keys, then if I hit the power switch again they go off. But nothing happens to the screen no matter what I do. Has anyone else suffered from this?

Surface | Surface Pro | Display and screen

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-08-19T19:27:34+00:00

It works fine for me after the Anniversary Update to Windows 10 Pro (Version 1607). It no longer goes into a coma.

I just traveled all week. Put my Surface Pro 4 (SP4) to sleep 10 to 20 times each day, and currently my task manager shows the up time to be 7:21:35:21 - 7 days! It is actually working the way I expected it to when I bought it!

It was such a relief to not be scared to put it to sleep during meeting breaks to save battery when working with my Pen and OneNote. For the past 7 months I've had to have it on power when in meetings so that it wouldn't go into a coma. That was always so embarrassing.

You can update to the latest version of Windows 10 by opening Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and selecting Check for updates.

Was this answer helpful?

10 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

2,411 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-03-01T20:29:17+00:00

    Josh,

    Thanks for the update but I'm still having the issue. I checked and all updates are installed. Could you tell me the KB number for the update so I can verified it installed?

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-03-01T20:26:32+00:00

    I still have this issue (SP 4, Win 10, 64) even though I have all updates from Feb 17/18. All updates are completed (along with restarts).

    What is the specific update that was meant to fix this issue?

    Thanks,

    Tim

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-03-01T20:24:54+00:00

    Just curious - did you let Windows install the drivers, or did you download from the Brother site and install those?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-03-01T20:08:58+00:00

    No Brother print drivers installed on mine, and I have the problem - so I don't think it's exclusively related to Brother print drivers.

    I did not think I was suggesting that this driver was the only possible cause. However my experience does suggest that if you are having this problem it might be useful to try experimentally uninstalling other software you have running, particularly drivers, and see if they could be the culprit.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments