Surface Laptop 3 - Rubber Feet Falling Off

Anonymous
2020-08-09T23:34:57+00:00

Hello! I'm loving my Surface Laptop 3, however, to my dismay, the back left rubber foot (or bumper) fell off. I've tried putting it on several times, but it kept falling off.

I'm looking to get it fixed, so I don't scratch my Surface or the surface it's on :P. It's still in warranty and since I didn't do anything to prompt this, I figured I could get it replaced. But I haven't seen anything concrete. I also don't wanna overpay for this. These things probably cost pennies, and since I'm tech savvy I know that they are taken off to service this laptop, so I know they gotta have extras.

The other note I have is if Microsoft tries to make me pay for this (I'm somewhat confident they won't though) I'm still able to just replace it at the retailer I bought it at (yay Costco!). But, that would be very disappointing, considering the reach and quality I've received with Microsoft products up until then.

Any answers/assistance would be great, as I've seen other members have this issue and it not really get resolved.

Surface | Surface Laptop | Install and update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-08-11T22:22:12+00:00

Feet for Surface Laptop 3&4, Surface Laptop Studio, Surface Laptop SE, and Surface Laptop Go 2 are now all available in US and Canada on the Surface Laptop Accessories page: Surface Laptop Accessories - Microsoft Store.

You can also find an article with repair guides for each model here: Replace the feet on Surface devices (microsoft.com)

Was this answer helpful?

7 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-12-09T15:14:31+00:00

    Exactly what I was also told when I called today. It’s “physical damage” and so not covered by the warranty but I have never dropped it.

    I was also told not many people have had this problem, I guess implying I am somehow at fault.

    How can i resolve this issue? I live in Hong Kong.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-02-06T04:09:25+00:00

    Hi, Can i get help with this? When I select Accessory, I don't see Misc as an option. I see Pen Tips, and Power Supplies, as well as the Slim Pen Charger, but no Misc for the feet? Is there another way to go about this? Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2021-02-08T18:12:17+00:00

    My surface laptop recently has this same issue- it most likely isn't the bumper that is the problem since I can replace the other bumper with the alleged "problem" bumper and it won't come off. It's actually the hole that is part of the laptop that seems to not hold the bumper anymore. If I put a different bumper into that hole, it still falls off, so most likely people need a different solution than to replace the bumper itself.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments