Surface Laptop 3 - Rubber Feet Falling Off

Anonymous
2020-08-09T23:34:57+00:00

Hello! I'm loving my Surface Laptop 3, however, to my dismay, the back left rubber foot (or bumper) fell off. I've tried putting it on several times, but it kept falling off.

I'm looking to get it fixed, so I don't scratch my Surface or the surface it's on :P. It's still in warranty and since I didn't do anything to prompt this, I figured I could get it replaced. But I haven't seen anything concrete. I also don't wanna overpay for this. These things probably cost pennies, and since I'm tech savvy I know that they are taken off to service this laptop, so I know they gotta have extras.

The other note I have is if Microsoft tries to make me pay for this (I'm somewhat confident they won't though) I'm still able to just replace it at the retailer I bought it at (yay Costco!). But, that would be very disappointing, considering the reach and quality I've received with Microsoft products up until then.

Any answers/assistance would be great, as I've seen other members have this issue and it not really get resolved.

Surface | Surface Laptop | Install and update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-08-11T22:22:12+00:00

Feet for Surface Laptop 3&4, Surface Laptop Studio, Surface Laptop SE, and Surface Laptop Go 2 are now all available in US and Canada on the Surface Laptop Accessories page: Surface Laptop Accessories - Microsoft Store.

You can also find an article with repair guides for each model here: Replace the feet on Surface devices (microsoft.com)

Was this answer helpful?

7 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-08-14T19:20:20+00:00

    You're very much welcome, masterbuilder31.

    Glad to have helped you out and thanks for marking my response as the answer.

    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to help you out.

    Regards,

    Janette_Z

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-11-05T00:49:51+00:00

    I have the same problem and now my paint looks as if its coming off. So, just so I understand correctly, you are saying The stores are closed and if we need help, we will need to call numbers. 

    My questions/concerns: 

    1. I live in Nashville, Tn, is this area store closed?
    2. My laptop is relatively new and is under warranty, do I have to purchase more pads for my device or is that something my warranty would cover?
    3. My device is rose pink, if I have to purchase the pads, where should I purchase? 

    I may not answer this in a timely manner because I actually stumble upon this forum. Can I get a response by email, please?

    ******@yahoo.com

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-11-05T01:06:47+00:00

    Hello! I hope I can best answer from my experience with this issue. I was the OP and successfully got my issue resolved.

    1. From what I understand, Microsoft closed all stores (except like 2 in big cities) permanently because of COVID. But in practice, I think they are holding onto leases.
    2. You shouldn't have to buy any pads. Here's how I got my issue resolved:

    Using the Microsoft Get Help app on my laptop, I asked to talk to an agent. According to what I learned on the form, this is covered in warranty, and they will fully cover it. The (silly) way they fix this issue (because they aren't working out of their stores) is that they just exchange the laptop for a brand new one. More details of how to do this should be in the thread below the answer I marked. I just was able to successfully return mine for a brand new one and haven't had any issues!

    Cheers!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-11-27T05:29:49+00:00

    Hey

    I came across exact the same issue.

    I called your customer support and was told that it is seen as physical damage and not covered by the warranty. The customer support give me the option to pay SGD700+ to get a replacement. It makes no sense. I am very disappointed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments