Surface Laptop 3 - Rubber Feet Falling Off

Anonymous
2020-08-09T23:34:57+00:00

Hello! I'm loving my Surface Laptop 3, however, to my dismay, the back left rubber foot (or bumper) fell off. I've tried putting it on several times, but it kept falling off.

I'm looking to get it fixed, so I don't scratch my Surface or the surface it's on :P. It's still in warranty and since I didn't do anything to prompt this, I figured I could get it replaced. But I haven't seen anything concrete. I also don't wanna overpay for this. These things probably cost pennies, and since I'm tech savvy I know that they are taken off to service this laptop, so I know they gotta have extras.

The other note I have is if Microsoft tries to make me pay for this (I'm somewhat confident they won't though) I'm still able to just replace it at the retailer I bought it at (yay Costco!). But, that would be very disappointing, considering the reach and quality I've received with Microsoft products up until then.

Any answers/assistance would be great, as I've seen other members have this issue and it not really get resolved.

Surface | Surface Laptop | Install and update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-08-11T22:22:12+00:00

Feet for Surface Laptop 3&4, Surface Laptop Studio, Surface Laptop SE, and Surface Laptop Go 2 are now all available in US and Canada on the Surface Laptop Accessories page: Surface Laptop Accessories - Microsoft Store.

You can also find an article with repair guides for each model here: Replace the feet on Surface devices (microsoft.com)

Was this answer helpful?

7 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-01-26T23:32:20+00:00

    Is there any way to resolve this problem without paying any extra amount?

    I absolutely agree, this laptop cost me just under 2.5K AUD, and parts should not be falling off it.

    However I paid the $6 for the new rubber feet as I value my sanity rather than trying to contact someone at Microsoft, if it were Apple (I am not an Apple fan though) you would go into an Apple store and they would either replace the product or fix it, but at Microsoft customer service isnt a thing.

    Mark

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-01-26T14:30:07+00:00

    Hi,

    Thank you for the helpful reply.

    I have the exact same issue as @masterbuilder31, except mine is the top right-hand side rubber feet.

    I had purchased the extended protection plan from Microsoft when I was buying my laptop. I followed your explanations, and when ordering this part, I am being asked to pay $6 for the small piece, which I think needs to be covered by the warranty even if it is not hardware. It's an appearance bug on Microsoft's end.

    Is there any way to resolve this problem without paying any extra amount?

    Regards,

    Melika

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-01-22T12:10:59+00:00

    I have ordered mine about 2 months agog and still havent recieved it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-01-22T05:39:21+00:00

    what brand of plastic cover did you buy, where did you buy it and is it nice/good quality? I love the colour and aluminum feel but getting concerned about scratches the longer I have it (plus one of the rubber feet randomly fell off!) so definitely looking into getting a cover.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments