Surface Laptop 3 - Rubber Feet Falling Off

Anonymous
2020-08-09T23:34:57+00:00

Hello! I'm loving my Surface Laptop 3, however, to my dismay, the back left rubber foot (or bumper) fell off. I've tried putting it on several times, but it kept falling off.

I'm looking to get it fixed, so I don't scratch my Surface or the surface it's on :P. It's still in warranty and since I didn't do anything to prompt this, I figured I could get it replaced. But I haven't seen anything concrete. I also don't wanna overpay for this. These things probably cost pennies, and since I'm tech savvy I know that they are taken off to service this laptop, so I know they gotta have extras.

The other note I have is if Microsoft tries to make me pay for this (I'm somewhat confident they won't though) I'm still able to just replace it at the retailer I bought it at (yay Costco!). But, that would be very disappointing, considering the reach and quality I've received with Microsoft products up until then.

Any answers/assistance would be great, as I've seen other members have this issue and it not really get resolved.

Surface | Surface Laptop | Install and update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-08-11T22:22:12+00:00

Feet for Surface Laptop 3&4, Surface Laptop Studio, Surface Laptop SE, and Surface Laptop Go 2 are now all available in US and Canada on the Surface Laptop Accessories page: Surface Laptop Accessories - Microsoft Store.

You can also find an article with repair guides for each model here: Replace the feet on Surface devices (microsoft.com)

Was this answer helpful?

7 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-07-14T15:57:12+00:00

    I followed your steps but in the options I don't see Rose Gold laptop rubber feet options. I cannot proceed with the form without this selection. For me it shows $5, but I need the right item. What can I do?

    I'm sure you've figured this out by now but the Rose Gold color Surface Laptop is actually called Sandstone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-07-02T15:42:24+00:00

    My Surface Laptop is out of warranty by 1 month. I paid for replacement feet and will use super glue on my almost new laptop. That's sad. I was planning on purchasing the new laptop this fall, or as soon as it hit the market, for my entire law firm but after reading this string, I will not be doing so now. We pay more for Microsoft products because we expect, from experience, quality. Pieces should not be falling off these laptops. If Microsoft can not acknowledge a design flaw and find a fix that is better than superglue, then I'm done paying more for quality from them. This inaction by Microsoft needs to be made public so that people and businesses are aware of the lack of both customer support and action by Microsoft before they buy.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-06-11T04:58:36+00:00

    8 mm rubber furniture pads work according to Ifixit

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-04-04T03:55:10+00:00

    I followed your steps but in the options I don't see Rose Gold laptop rubber feet options. I cannot proceed with the form without this selection. For me it shows $5, but I need the right item. What can I do?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments