Surface Laptop 3 - Rubber Feet Falling Off

Anonymous
2020-08-09T23:34:57+00:00

Hello! I'm loving my Surface Laptop 3, however, to my dismay, the back left rubber foot (or bumper) fell off. I've tried putting it on several times, but it kept falling off.

I'm looking to get it fixed, so I don't scratch my Surface or the surface it's on :P. It's still in warranty and since I didn't do anything to prompt this, I figured I could get it replaced. But I haven't seen anything concrete. I also don't wanna overpay for this. These things probably cost pennies, and since I'm tech savvy I know that they are taken off to service this laptop, so I know they gotta have extras.

The other note I have is if Microsoft tries to make me pay for this (I'm somewhat confident they won't though) I'm still able to just replace it at the retailer I bought it at (yay Costco!). But, that would be very disappointing, considering the reach and quality I've received with Microsoft products up until then.

Any answers/assistance would be great, as I've seen other members have this issue and it not really get resolved.

Surface | Surface Laptop | Install and update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-08-11T22:22:12+00:00

Feet for Surface Laptop 3&4, Surface Laptop Studio, Surface Laptop SE, and Surface Laptop Go 2 are now all available in US and Canada on the Surface Laptop Accessories page: Surface Laptop Accessories - Microsoft Store.

You can also find an article with repair guides for each model here: Replace the feet on Surface devices (microsoft.com)

Was this answer helpful?

7 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-08-14T19:20:20+00:00

    You're very much welcome, masterbuilder31.

    Glad to have helped you out and thanks for marking my response as the answer.

    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to help you out.

    Regards,

    Janette_Z

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-08-14T02:36:15+00:00

    You're a lifesaver! Exactly what I was looking for, as the customer service page confused me.

    Cheers!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-08-14T00:49:25+00:00

    Hello, masterbuilder31.

    For Microsoft Store Sales, it is only related to sales concerns. You can check https://support.microsoft.com/help/28808/ for help on reaching sales related issues like order details, tracking status, etc.

    For technical issues, you can call 1-(800) 642 7676. It is shown here: https://support.microsoft.com/help/4051701/.

    You can also go to https://support.microsoft.com/contactus/ and follow through the prompts there. If you want a shortcut, just type "Talk to an agent".

    Hope this helps!

    Regards,

    Janette_Z

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-08-10T23:13:26+00:00

    Thank you so much for responding and bringing clarity to how this works.

    My only other question is for support. Since I'm new to having to get help from Microsoft support, should I reach out using the Microsoft Store Sales and Customer Support number (I am in the US)? Or is there another customer support number I should use to get this resolved? Glad to know there is a relatively painless way to get this resolved.

    Cheers!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments