Surface Laptop 3 - Rubber Feet Falling Off

Anonymous
2020-08-09T23:34:57+00:00

Hello! I'm loving my Surface Laptop 3, however, to my dismay, the back left rubber foot (or bumper) fell off. I've tried putting it on several times, but it kept falling off.

I'm looking to get it fixed, so I don't scratch my Surface or the surface it's on :P. It's still in warranty and since I didn't do anything to prompt this, I figured I could get it replaced. But I haven't seen anything concrete. I also don't wanna overpay for this. These things probably cost pennies, and since I'm tech savvy I know that they are taken off to service this laptop, so I know they gotta have extras.

The other note I have is if Microsoft tries to make me pay for this (I'm somewhat confident they won't though) I'm still able to just replace it at the retailer I bought it at (yay Costco!). But, that would be very disappointing, considering the reach and quality I've received with Microsoft products up until then.

Any answers/assistance would be great, as I've seen other members have this issue and it not really get resolved.

Surface | Surface Laptop | Install and update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-08-11T22:22:12+00:00

Feet for Surface Laptop 3&4, Surface Laptop Studio, Surface Laptop SE, and Surface Laptop Go 2 are now all available in US and Canada on the Surface Laptop Accessories page: Surface Laptop Accessories - Microsoft Store.

You can also find an article with repair guides for each model here: Replace the feet on Surface devices (microsoft.com)

Was this answer helpful?

7 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2022-10-24T19:39:19+00:00

    I live in the UK and I have the same problem. my device is still under warranty and I am being charged 15 USD for it. Super disappointing. This is my first and probably will be my last Microsoft laptop.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-09-25T03:05:16+00:00

    Hello!

    Will Microsoft offer the rubber feet replacements on the accessories page for the Surface Book 3 models as well? It was a ~$3,000 laptop. Now, one of the rubber feet is missing..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-08-13T07:49:29+00:00

    And if you don’t live in the USA or Canada!?

    You know…where most of the world is!?

    And my issue is with a Surface Book 3. Microsoft really needs to up their game on hardware support, these are not low end machines!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-07-19T12:24:26+00:00

    Yea...Nah...I just checked and not only does my warranty expire today (FML) but that option doesn't exist in this market!

    Disappointing given the price of the HW for a SB3 and what is obviously a design flaw!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments