There are no handwriting options for this language - SP4/Win10

Anonymous
2016-04-11T00:58:38+00:00

Hello, 

I have a Surface Pro 4 with windows 10 using Australia English. When I download language packs it comes up with "there are no handwriting options for your language" I have the location and date set to Aus but still nothing. I am able to write using the pen pad keyboard but I am unable to correct any letters that the computer doesn't recognize. 

This is the same no matter what language I have it set (English - USA)

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Cheers

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Surface | Surface Pro | Performance and maintenance

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-05-02T04:32:20+00:00

    Though, it would be nice if I could bring over my previous personalization from Windows 8.....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-05-04T06:56:19+00:00

    I have a strange issue:

    My problem is the same. "there are no handwriting options for this language". But it's for the german language.

    Despite this error message, i can use the handwriting keyboard. It's totally okay.

    But OneNote isn't able to convert handwriting in text. Even the button for this is displayed grey. Even after installation of the Creators Update.

    But when i change the user account to another Microsoft Account, this function is repaired. It works normally. Changing back to my main Microsoft Account will not solve the problem for the main account. But i don't want to change accounts.

    Maybe this point helps solving the problem for somebody.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-06-08T04:44:43+00:00

    I finally found the reason of this problem ---> Windows Update

    If the Windows Update service has been disabled or not running. This problem will occur. And the problem can be solved after turn on the Windows Update service.

    Hope this can help you guys.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-08-18T18:33:10+00:00

    just Bought the sp4 and was looking for the handwriting Personalized i found something like it by going to the Bottom of My Screen Clicking on the Little pen looking thing •Clicked on get to know MY handwriting. at All of it worker well.

    I hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-09-18T17:09:27+00:00

    I did this and it worked from this link. It took about 1/2 hour or more to write the 50 sentences. I pushed save after last sentence and I got a perpetual (Not Responding) error for 5-7 minutes. Then it said your handwriting samples have been saved. Great! I'll have to wait and see if this has indeed improved recognition.

    I write often, I take notes as a psychotherapist in session. The recognition in MS OneNote is poor, I have to do a lot of after recognition editing of my note. It's recognition is worse than Notes Plus on the Apple App store for iPad, which was not stellar either. In addition, often after writing a sentence and touching Next with surface pen, my writing palm would touch the screen and minimize this window and I would have to click on it. I would sometimes get the same as my palm moved across the page.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments