There are no handwriting options for this language - SP4/Win10

Anonymous
2016-04-11T00:58:38+00:00

Hello, 

I have a Surface Pro 4 with windows 10 using Australia English. When I download language packs it comes up with "there are no handwriting options for your language" I have the location and date set to Aus but still nothing. I am able to write using the pen pad keyboard but I am unable to correct any letters that the computer doesn't recognize. 

This is the same no matter what language I have it set (English - USA)

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Cheers

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Surface | Surface Pro | Performance and maintenance

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-01-21T05:29:25+00:00

    Thank you for your response, apologies for delay, I have been on holiday away from my Surface Pro 4.

    I clicked on C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ink\ShapeCollector.exe

    and here is a screenshot of what popped up on my screen.

    I clicked 'Teach the recognizer your handwriting style'

    I clicked the 'Sentences' link

    I clicked 'Next'

    I then used the stylus to write some stuff...

    I then clicked 'Save' and the following showed up, so I clicked 'Yes'.

    I have set up the event viewer to record the logs as you requested. I assume you'll want them attached at some point?

    Cheers

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-01-21T05:31:15+00:00

    oops here is the screenshot of Settings > Time & Language > Additional Date Time & Regional Settings > Add a language > Advanced Settings, that you requested.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-01-25T17:07:32+00:00

    Hello,

    To help you resolve this issue, any feedback and/or suggestions on how we can improve our service will be very much appreciated. You can access the (Windows) Feedback via Cortana/Search bar or through Surface app.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-01-25T17:46:03+00:00

    Joseph Agu seriously have you checked the many feedback provided in Feedback Hub App?

    Check Page 1 , Page 2, Page 3 , etc...

    The first feedbacks was reported more than one year ago, and since then Microsoft has done nothing, now there are thousands or more people affected by this issue, and they should await months for the release of Creators Update to have the fix for this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-05-02T04:31:33+00:00

    By the way, the Creators Update solves this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments