FWIW, here are just 5 other places/forums where people report this problem -- I literally looked for 1 minute, I'm sure there is more out there (you should also look on feedback-hub, which I dont use:
There are no handwriting options for this language - SP4/Win10
Hello,
I have a Surface Pro 4 with windows 10 using Australia English. When I download language packs it comes up with "there are no handwriting options for your language" I have the location and date set to Aus but still nothing. I am able to write using the pen pad keyboard but I am unable to correct any letters that the computer doesn't recognize.
This is the same no matter what language I have it set (English - USA)
Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers
***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***
Surface | Surface Pro | Performance and maintenance
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2017-01-13T06:31:02+00:00 -
Anonymous
2017-01-13T06:45:57+00:00 I have commented on EVERY one of the topics on the feedback hub, EVERY time Windows have updated.
Please feel free to do the same.
-
Anonymous
2017-01-17T06:36:04+00:00 I can use handwriting for only one language: English (United States). It is the Windows Display Language. However, I can't change the Windows Display Language (tried many different ways).
No Language Options (including handwriting) for other languages, and no way to download other language packs.
I suspect the two issues are related, but I've no idea whether the inability to change the Display Language is causing the lack of language options, or the inability to download the language packs (no language options) is preventing the change of Display Language.
Just realised that this thread is binned under Surface Pro 4. I'm using ASUS Transformer 3 Pro so this is likely a Windows 10 issue rather than a Surface issue.
-
Anonymous
2017-01-17T11:00:12+00:00 Hi
I had as we all the same problem and tried to install prerelease 14986.
After I was able to teach my surface book.
Handwriting recognition became better - but is still FAR AWAY from what I know is today possible.
therefore a general remark:
Play around with for example "nebo".
Many years ago I had a DELL XP2 with XP tablet version on. The recognition was FAR better (my handwriting is still on the same ugly level ;-)).
DOES MS WORK ON THIS ISSUE? - A SURFACE is not worth the price if this feature remains in the poor level it is today. Others can do it (see "nebo").