There are no handwriting options for this language - SP4/Win10

Anonymous
2016-04-11T00:58:38+00:00

Hello, 

I have a Surface Pro 4 with windows 10 using Australia English. When I download language packs it comes up with "there are no handwriting options for your language" I have the location and date set to Aus but still nothing. I am able to write using the pen pad keyboard but I am unable to correct any letters that the computer doesn't recognize. 

This is the same no matter what language I have it set (English - USA)

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Cheers

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Surface | Surface Pro | Performance and maintenance

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-01-11T11:02:36+00:00

    Jasmine Car Please tell me that Microsoft has seriously taken in consideration this issue and it has some plans on roadmap for the fix.

    If you need any report/log or any other info to reproduce the bug, please tell me, I'll do anything I can to help.

    To other users that have the same bug, please cooperate sending your logs.

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-01-11T11:11:47+00:00

    Is MS working on this bug? I really cant wait for this to get fixed. My Surface Pro 4 is fully up to date, and the handwriting personalization is COMPLETELY broken. Really make this device much less useful. THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN KNOWN FOR A VERY LONG TIME NOW! Please tell me there is an update in the works?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-01-11T11:13:52+00:00

    Is this a joke?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-01-11T18:58:06+00:00

    Please to anyone that has the same issue, track useful steps/information necessary to reproduce the issue with Microsoft Problem Steps Recorder and upload all reports.

    Event logs reports and other screenshots also useful.

    I've contacted Microsoft support, they will hear us!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-01-12T17:34:27+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments